Double Posting Bug Not a Bug...Just a visual oddity.

lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
For all of you that are getting double postings...or think you are and then editing to delete the second one.

When you edit a post, it appears to show the original followed by a second version of that...which leads some people to attempt to edit the second one to say "sorry, double post". What is actually happening is that your edit is creating the second post.

If you just hit refresh after editing your post, you will see that there is only a single post, not two. This has been my experience all along. Just thought I'd put this out there if it can be of assistance to any.
DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

DLichzosonggbatslimeyjohnSlickRickTheLostOnes

Comments

• limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Lol....thanks mate, wish l had read this a few mins ago, thought l had triple posted
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    The forums have been all kinds of weird lately.
    masmith93[Deleted User]
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    edited May 2016
    There is an issue with doubling posting though. It hasn't happened to me for about a week but after hitting 'post comment' the forum would timeout and say there was an error. So I would post again which created two posts.
    There is also an issue with editing. It doesn't allow you to edit attachments. You can delete an attachment but you cannot repost. That started after the vanilla people updated something a few weeks ago.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @masmith93 I've noticed that too. Not possible to add an image in an update. I've just seen lots of people say things like "don't know why i bother to edit due to double post" but I think it is not an actual double post during edit, just seems that way and the corrective action they take to avoid it is the actual second post.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnes
    Yes, I can see their confusion. Whatever updates they made to the software, I don't think the vanilla people did us any favors. Still waiting on those new emojis. :)
    SlickRickTheLostOnes
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Yes, and that pity button we all asked for.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SlickRick
    Not we all...
    TheLostOnes[Deleted User]SlickRick
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited May 2016
    @lmfgunnut , yeah it's really annoying. I have done that, then had to go back and edit the post again to put the message back in.
    How could it not be misleading

zosonlmfgunnut
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    As I was posting last night, I couldn't stop the emoji menu from popping up while I typed. I wasn't hitting ":" to activate the deeper emoji menu either. It made it extremely difficult to type a post.

Thankfully, I'm a persistent mofo and was able to get it together and share my thoughts with all of you :heart:
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @blynknz totally deceptive. But if people realize it isn't ACTUALLY a double post, they can save themselves some frustration

SlickRickTheLostOnes
    Yes, so its good that you pointed it out.

@Vintage_Bull, Ive had that once, when it seemed like it thought I was wanting to do an emoji. It was bloody annoying