Returning rifle bundles as items will not be as previously described

2»

Comments

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    The way to make bruisers and scouts viable?

Eliminate unlimited ammunition. Unlimited ammo is why all three gun classes are at the top of the favorite list. Once you have to conserve ammo or be forced to have a drastic cut in your damage output once you have no more rounds, those people with the hand held weapons become a whole lot better.

@SpacemanSpiff Yeah, I've played an MMO where class balances happened a lot and the wailing and gnashing of teeth then is a lot like what's going on here. There's a reason why the Hunter class is so popular. It's overpowered. Anything overpowered is destined to feel the Nerf bat.

To stay on topic, I bought all three rifle bundles and the change to the hunter class hasn't diminished any of my rifles in the least. They still do the same damage they did before. That's all I care about.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Ovidmikel
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @Dodkong ammo limits would change things. 5 shots for Hunter and 3 mags for assault would be crazy. Shooter should still have 7-20 depending on gun.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

GovernatorSlickRick
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,254
    lmfgunnut said:

@Dodkong ammo limits would change things. 5 shots for Hunter and 3 mags for assault would be crazy. Shooter should still have 7-20 depending on gun.

Having an ammo limit would change the game big time, but it would force people into making more strategic decisions. Maybe overwatch would need to be turned off to conserve ammo. And bring a melee weapons team member just in case you run out. Warriors would rule and replace hunters as the best class. Then, they would get nerfed and the cycle would repeat. LOL.
    Ovidmikel
    Make over watch a choice.

Over watch attack? Y / N.

Each time.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @imfgunnut that would put a stop to bots lol and most all farming period they read this like the idea then they'll start selling extra ammo bundles
    Lol @Ovidmikel bots are cheating, so I guess that would be good. Buying ammo sound scary though.

OvidmikelTheLostOnes