Which survivor to upgrade?

I'm torn between which survivor to upgrade between 2 assault survivors.

1. Kanh
Level 11/19, silver luck, silver dodge, gold iron skin

2. Rock
Level 11/19, silver luck, silver dodge, gold marksman

So it boils down to trait that will be unlocked at L19.
Also it seems like to choose between defensive and offensive player during NFL draft.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• FattyFatty Member Posts: 24
    AR's are so tough to begin with... I'd totally go with the marksman
    BorutoJaden
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Assualts end up right in the middle of the herd on many attacks and if a near by walker survives the attack, that gold skin will come in handy.
    Boruto
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Boruto

Rock in my opinion...but it's not a huge difference...maybe even keep both for now
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • FattyFatty Member Posts: 24
    LOL, I'm sure that clears it up for you
    Boruto
    Just out of curiosity @SlickRick, why the marksman trait?
    @NCDawgFan

All things being equal like they are in this instance I would go offense over defense...especially knowing how @Boruto likes Outpost more than challenges
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Boruto
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    @NCDawgFan The best defense is a good offense?
    Boruto
    @AzBewbs, but defense wins Championships!
    BorutoOvidmikel
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    NCDawg and Slick Rick both have good points. Assaults already have high health so more damage is good, but to maximize the carnage they are usually put into the heart of the scrum. I would vote marksman too, but I think it would also depend on the Armour you get. ButRick/NCDawgs are way better qualified to give proper advise.
    I say marksman cause with a good rifle you should easily be able to take out +1 and most times +2.
    Plus Rock looks like Bubba Smith from police Academy
    SlickRickBoruto
    If he was doing challenges like us maybe different...but I know how he plays far more than I should :)
    BorutoTheLostOnes
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited May 2016
    Upgrade both use them together with a hunter to clean up but both @slickrick and @ncdawgs points are valid but like Rick says @boruto is a outpost raiding machine so the marksmen would prolly be more viable for him
    SlickRickBoruto
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    @Boruto Remember you cant unlock that gold trait until 19 becomes available. Both are keepers though. Prefer Rock for marksman and cooler looking character!!

OvidmikelJaden
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Upgrade both. Team of assaults is the fastest way to clear out low level challenge missions.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

NCDawgFanggbatsOvidmikel
    I use three up to level 19 @Imfgunnut. Two have gold spread which really thin out the herd.
    ggbats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I would upgrade Kanh 1st because of the upcoming nerfing but keep both. Under regular circumstances I would have told you the other way around but since the attack cone is shrinking and the assaults need to get in close to do damage iron skin can be of more benefit especially if paired with a riffle that has silver or gold increase damage.
    @lmfgunnut

He doesn't do challenges only Outposts...that's why I told him what I did...like I said I know way too much about the way he plays :)

Plus I'm 99% sure he has shown me that he has better assaults and these are just backups he's leveling because they're level 19 max and will be ready for the next council update
    I just can't see the attraction to raiding versus the challenges and missions. If they would just let us go true PvP and get rid of the bots, now that I can get excited about.
    SlickRickmongo911Ovidmikel
    @NCDawgFan

I agree that raiding is pointless for the most part but until we have room in our guild for him the challenges don't do him much good...hence why he just sticks to the raiding for now so his play style is different from mine or yours
    Boruto
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I want to see head to head arena matches with piles of walkers and cover.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

BorutoSlickRickOvidmikel
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback.
    You guys are all wonderful and that's why I come to this forum asking an advice.
    Haha I just got 10 minutes before I hit the beach again and today is my last day here.

@SlickRick

I just can't believe you can read my mind.
    Amazing.

@RickGrimes

I only used 22 out of 39 survivor slots so I can keep them both no problem.

Here is my entire assault team, FYI.
    I've been using 3 trio of female for low level challenge missions and XP missions.
    SlickRick
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 163
    edited May 2016
    Marksman.
    @Boruto

It's that the U of I connection thing we got going on :)

Enjoy your last day on those beaches in paradise my friend!!
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I have a different prespective on raiding even with outpost still broken , look at it this way. You spend 6 gas to do an exploratory deadly mission , since gold crates were nerfed , maybe 80 percent of the time there's rare gear inside IF you manage to get a gold crate at the end of mission (which is by no means a guarantee)

It costs 2 gold to do a raid , generally if you have good survivors and gear , you can get through any camp without injury and I have no problem getting on average 4-500 TG per raid (even counting search TG lost)

A gold crate at the TG store is 500 TG.

Raids also take longer than deadlies and so you get a portion of that 2 gas back while raiding , you can raid for much longer on a full tank and get a much better payout from my perspective ..

So I would disagree with anyone who says raiding is useless (respectfully)
    SlickRickggbatsBoruto
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @SlickRick

I'd like to give you a thank-you gift for reading my mind. You can use this legendary tiki torch for your challenge mission for those burning walkers.
    lmfgunnutSlickRick
    @Boruto

Thank you for the gift...but because you're torturing me from Shangri-La I'm not talking to you for 10 minutes when you get back :)

@Japes87

I didn't mean that for everyone as far as raiding goes...I was just talking about me personally...I really only care about the social aspect (i.e. my guild and challenges) and making XP none of which raiding helps...since I can do endless XP side missions over and over those benefit me personally more.

I get your point about raiding though...the ones I did the first week before I figured out the cycles ruse were actually pretty fun...was cool to see different setups and such
    Japes87Ovidmikel