Does rooting matter to you?

I am new to Android and got a Galaxy S6 a week ago. I have been asked a lot of time by people about rooting. Does rooting really matter for Android device? Did you root the phone or not?

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    edited May 2016
    If you're asking if people are using rooted or jail break phones, you're barking up the wrong tree.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @rellacomb

One of my younger brothers works at Best Buy and I know he fiddles with that stuff...unless you just have an absolute definitive need and know somebody who knows what they're doing I would not do it...a lot of things can go wrong and I know they had issues with it causing problems with legitimate apps like Samsung Pay

It's a gamble...good luck with whatever you decide!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @rellacomb

Rooting strips away a ton of built in security measures. Are some of them a pain in the ass? Yes. But do they still help you? Yes. For most of what you want to do with your phone you should be able to find a non-rooted version of an app that will help you do it.
  • OliverfelixOliverfelix Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2016
    Mod edit: zbot 5/28/16 4:24 am

@Oliverfelix , please read the forum rules.

Cheating, hacking, game exploits. Talking or discussing cheating, hacking or game exploits. Just don't do it. We will remove any and all content regarding this. Persistent offenders will be removed from the forums.

Continual disregard for the rules will result in harsher penalties including permanent loss of forum priveliges.
    [Deleted User]SlickRick
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Stop this shit!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SlickRick[Deleted User]
    @Oliverfelix

This is not the place for cheaters...this has been said countless times

@zbot @Teeceezy @TK-421 @eetu
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    TheLostOnes
    @SlickRick

I don't like cheaters either but people like this just follow me around until they get me in trouble so I leave it to the mods/staff to find them on their own. They don't seem to have issues finding stuff to punish me for.
    SlickRick
    @DarkFae

I hear ya and understand!

If you ever see one posting PM me and I'll get on it...I don't really care who does and doesn't like me for it...I just can't stand cheating period!!
    @SlickRick

Okay.
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    They are all types of cheaters and plenty I can testify to seeing here.

A few months back people took advantage of a bug which was published here and not within the game giving them a huge advantage over everyone else. This forum even advocated using it although again wasn't common knowledge for everyone playing the game. In my view that gave an unfair advantage and in any sport that is in my book cheating.

So cheating does go on, is talked about on the forums, it's even been allowed to.

This game is full of double standards, ever changing goal posts. What is available to some players in terms of high rewards are then scrapped for other.

To be honest NG and some of its players with short memories are a laughing stock.
    The day of reckoning is nigh
This discussion has been closed.