Guild Reward Pop-Up : Collect Later Option?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited March 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
@Teeceezy / @OldGoth / @eetu

Can we have an option to dismiss the message/pop-up "Your guild earned a challenge reward" for our TG crates? Right now, we have to close the game to avoid collecting our guild reward and restart the game.

The pop-up appears several times which is quite annoying.

Collect later option would be nice.

Thanks!

Tammy

guild reward

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
-Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

MarkMorgan

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Are you avoiding collecting, so you can claim them together then claim the 7500 TG reward?

I would say no, it should be automatically collected. You look at the number of posts around about people not playing outposts because they can't find anyone with TGs.
    [Deleted User]InspTurbines
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    And you can save it up to get the 7500 TG, but there should be a risk you get raided.
    If you don't want to lose them, then you buy cheaper goods.
    I feel like the balance is off, because it's too easy to get to 7500 in active alliances.
    InspTurbines
  • luv2wanderluv2wander Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2016
    The balance is off at least partly because the matching system is off.

Lower level players get matched against people a few levels above them and so have very little chance of completing the entire raid. So the lower level people are just a place for higher level people to get tg from. The raiding system is stacked against us. As a result we don't claim our challenge rewards until we have enough to get a legendary or maybe an epic crate. Forcing us to claim the rewards right away will not help outpost play. We will just buy gold crates and there still will be no tg left for the raiders.
    TeherrorInspTurbines
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I can see both sides of this issue.

I am not playing outposts right now because the matching system still isn't quite where it needs to be; it costs 10 TG per search and takes at least 10-12 searches to find someone with more than 100 TG to loot, so it isn't worth the effort; and I really don't have the time with 2 challenges a week and the need to do story/explorations to get supplies and XP to do upgrades. If accepting crates was automatic/mandatory, I would probably play a little more since more people would have crates to loot.

At the same time, I sit on my crates. I will collect 2 rewards (2000 TG) because those are protected by my Council House. I will gather about 700 from my outpost (which means 70 crates can be looted if I am raided) during the course of the challenge. I sit on 5 crates so I can collect and get a legendary immediately. I don't want to risk losing 550 crates.

There must be a middle ground between the two sides. Since an Epic Crate costs 3500, perhaps the system should allow you to bank a maximum of 3 crates before automatically opening any additional that are collected. That would effectively protect 5000 TG (2000 from council and 3000 banked). You would be forced to collect 3 crates (3000TG) before cashing out to get that legendary. In the meantime, that puts 300 at risk of getting looted. The other option is bank 3, cash out, and get an Epic immediately.

It's all about balance and compromise.
  • Why would I get cheaper goods @blynknz .... It's not right to force someone to have to take something cheaper to give someone else the opportunity to raid.... Makes no sense to me.

I will be playing outpost more when I see changes to it and I intend on leaving loot for people but right now, I am not doing it.

Same here @thebluebox and @luv2wander... I am not playing outpost because of the matching system and the cost to play. Obviously NG needs to tweak the outpost before they get us really interested in it. Right now, I am grinding for XP and playing our 2 challenges/week.

So many things to upgrade.... They are keeping us busy lol

Thanks for the open discussion everyone.

Tammy

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

TeherrorInspTurbines
  • AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    +1

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
    [Deleted User]MarkTeherrorInspTurbines
  • Alibaba said:

+1

Thank you @Alibaba

Tammy

-Mark Twain

TeherrorMarkInspTurbines
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    Great suggestion @WeekOne !!
    Bump !

@eetu @Teeceezy
    Teherror[Deleted User]ggbats
  • TeherrorTeherror Member Posts: 31
    I think your right @WeekOne .. Why should we as players have to use the TG we accumulated .. I know most players are doing the same as you which is closing out the game to keep them.I do it too and it get frustrating having to constantly reload your game. Also if players wasn't doing it there would be more options to raid ppl out there.. I to believe the balance is way off or I would be raiding like I use to.. But until it is fixed .. I wish they could give us a button where we could choose whether or not we want to collect them. This would make things a whole lot easier.. Or fix the balance in the Outpost raiding system..
    MarkggbatsInspTurbines
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    The TG reward is a replacement for the previous 2 gold chest reward. That is all you have "earned".

If you are satisfied with that, you cash them in and be done.

But if you desire "better" rewards, then you face the risk inherent in saving up. It is the foundation of the outpost system. Those who hoard to obtain better gear face the greatest threat.

Damn millennials....
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

masmith93Tam8InspTurbinesTheLostOnes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
    @lmfgunnut ... I don't consider saving up for my 7500 crate reward hoarding. If I had 100 of them, then yes, I would consider that hoarding.

The point being, it's our reward and we should be able to do as we please with it.

Outpost is another subject and not for this thread.

Tammy

-Mark Twain

Tam8InspTurbines
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    Cough cough ... Generation X here. Although happy to take off a few golden years with the "generalized Mellennial" comment above lol.

Still a great suggestion @WeekOne
    Hoard away :)
    [Deleted User]
    @WeekOne the two topics are one and the same.

The reward you get is enough TG to buy two gold crates. Seeking better rewards with those TG is part of the gambling system that allows the Outpost to be a PvP system.

Until they create a reward system that is not based on you exposing your trade goods to raiding, I'm not in favor of allowing them to be hidden because you earned them. I earn them when I beat your outpost, yet you would value your own claim over mine.

Closing the game to avoid collecting TG is an exploit currently. Hopefully they can fix this by just depositing the TG directly instead of awarding in a chest.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• I am agreeing to disagreeing with you on that topic... ;)

Have a nice one!

Tammy

-Mark Twain

ggbats
  • Tam8Tam8 Member Posts: 65
    lmfgunnut said:

The TG reward is a replacement for the previous 2 gold chest reward. That is all you have "earned".

If you are satisfied with that, you cash them in and be done.

But if you desire "better" rewards, then you face the risk inherent in saving up. It is the foundation of the outpost system. Those who hoard to obtain better gear face the greatest threat.

Damn millennials....

Until this comment I was totally on Tammies site, I have simply been greedy. :blush:
    I'm not a fan of Outposts, but the arguements hit it.
    InspTurbines
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I am hording my TG at this point so I can upgrade my walkers. Once I have my outpost rating to 90+, I will stop hording. Until then, I will continue to horde.

@lmfgunnut I absolutely value my claim over yours. I consider it part of my defense. By not having TG out and available to loot, I am less likely to be chosen as a target and lose influence. Since I am slowly climbing the cycle ladder, the influence is important to me. I battle my way up to the next tier only to have the shield glitch and loose 80+ influence because I got raided 3 times in 8 hours when the shield should have been working. Contact support, and I get TG as compensation but they cannot replace the lost influence. Thus, I will absolutely take advantage of anything that makes my outpost less likely to be chosen as a target.

If they do fix it so that force stopping the game no longer works to horde the crates, then they had best fix the shield issue at the same time (or better yet, fix the shield issue, make sure it is working correctly for at least two weeks, and THEN force the crates on us).

ALSO, NOT a millenial. I was born during the time of 8-track tapes, my first gaming system was an Atari 1600, and the "computer science" class at my school taught us programming in BASIC using Radio Shack TSR-80s.
    [Deleted User]InspTurbines
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    I'm in the middle as well...
    - Outpost rewards are rubbish because ppl hiding TG
    - From other side I like to collect it as well...

Only solution is to give guarantee rewards for raids or open TG boxes automatically.
    This issue killing outpost atm. Hope NG will find gold remedy.

Closing game to avoid opening box is frustrating.. Indeed.
  • thatdamngoodcire777thatdamngoodcire777 Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2016
    Finding loopholes in games is half the fun! Exploit the exploits. The pop ups are annoying as well. Outposts are also being fixed, much less 0 influence 0 TG, so TG SHOULD be more abundent...at least for the strong.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I agree with Tammy - we shouldn't be forced to cash those crates in while the shield + matchmaking features are still defective. I am still trying to save up to upgrade my walkers in my walker pit, but have been frustrated when I lose a bunch cuz the shield glitches. And when I go to raid all I find is 0/0 raids, or very low value raids.
    ggbatsInspTurbines
    They say they fixed the shield and match making. We shall see.

I'm just trying to impress upon you the the reason for changing from two gold crates to s currency of identical value, the providing more expensive rewards you can save for was to encourage people to have trade goods available for winning in outpost. Long sentence, sorry.

By saving up without exposing, you are taking advantage of an exploit in the game. Fine and dandy as they have not spoken out against this, but to then say that it is unfair for to you that these rewards can be taken is ludicrous. You only have them for the purpose of allowing others to take them. If they meant it to be another way, they wouldn't make them at risk and the game wouldn't force you to collect them.

I hope the exploit is fixed. Those who do not wish to lose their rewards have the ability to cash them in immediately, which the data collectors have already demonstrated as being more rewarding in the long run anyway.

InspTurbines
  • You have made your point @lmfgunnut and clearly you love the forums because I see you all the time.

Let's consider this conversation with you as "closed" because we are not getting anywhere. We disagree on a topic and that is OK. I just think it is useless to continue at this point. We have an update tomorrow and let's just enjoy the new features. :)

Have a nice evening!

Tammy

-Mark Twain

InspTurbines
  • MorganMorgan Member Posts: 191
    Can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet.
    +infinity
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: [email protected]

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
    [Deleted User]
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Well since the update to 1.9 i have been able to find more TG than from version 1.8. Need to play over a week's time for better analysis but so far so good. Hopefully we can have a win-win here
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • SistersOfDaryl_GagaSistersOfDaryl_Gaga Member Posts: 164
    Why must everything be saved and hidden away?

The rewards should be paid of automatically. The outpost should be save after one attack for 6 hours (fixed already???). Plus: you could only loose 10 percent of your TG.

Best deal for anyone: choose 15 golden crates instead of one legendary equipment. Sometimes I forget my own rules. Like yesterday: got one very nice but currently useless legendary level 19 rifle for 7.500 TG... :disappointed:
    Gaga
    __
    If you want to join us on Oktober 8th or later, contact me. -- Line: sister.gaga --
  • I get really good stuff with my legendary crates... I really like them.

Everyone has their own preference about how they like to spend their TG rewards. :smile:

-Mark Twain

InspTurbines
  • Please close thread @zbot @C_Lloyd

-Mark Twain

This discussion has been closed.