How do you feel about the removal of deadly exploration missions?

Comments

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    edited May 2016
    Long Live Deadly Missions!
    I was really trying VERY hard to get this 500 gold achievement.
    Besides challenges, raids, and supply runs to get my upgrades, I chose deadly's as often as I possibly could to get this achievement.

Not only for the gold, but also because I always try to get EVERY achievement in a game.

Now I will
    a. never get the reward I was working very hard towards
    b. always have to see an achievement that is IMPOSSIBLE to complete

Both bug me a lot, but the second the most.

This is going to haunt me for as long as it persists and will cause me to quit the game as soon as I have all other achievements completed. I really hate the feeling of half finished achievements. Slow progress doesn't bother me (just to compare: there's a game that I haven't spent any ingame currency for months now just to get the highest gold collector achievement there, meaning of course that I'll go on a spending spree as soon as the achievement is earned), but impossible progress is a deal breaker.

I suggest they let all those "risk and reward" achievements copmplete for their current progress value. In my case 394 gold.

That way both the gold is earned and the achievement is completed.

And yes, I did send in a polite in-game ticket to this effect.

lioncheeter
  • deadchickdeadchick Member Posts: 5
    Anyone else kinda ticked? I had 45 out of 50 completed and now I only get the gold for that task
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @deadchick

If you're okay with it there is a poll started by @lmfgunnut to gauge response to deadly missions being removed right here on the main page...can we merge your thread with that one?
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    deadchicklioncheeterTheLostOnes
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Even though I've lost a whole team of legendary/epic survivors on deadly missions, I still played them when doing "exploration farming" for the higher rewards. Now that they are not deadly, that higher chance of gold and silver crates has seemed to evaporate with it. :(
  • chris123chris123 Member Posts: 3
    Get them back, make them a bit harder.

It seems that instead of creating new content you just make it harder to get existing content.

Not only by removing deadly missions, also reducing the chance with the new radio system. It looks like more choice, but in the background the chances are reduced.
  • deadchickdeadchick Member Posts: 5
    I have no idea how too but sure
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @zbot @Teeceezy @eetu

OP is okay with merge to this thread: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/10882/how-do-you-feel-about-the-removal-of-deadly-exploration-missions#latest

@deadchick

I notified the mods above...thanks!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    lioncheeterTheLostOnes
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    I liked the deadly missions as I found I got pretty good gear from them and I was working so hard to get to 500 for the gold. Please be a temp thing and bring them back.
  • DonzoDonzo Member Posts: 9
    No Death = No Fear. Hopefully it will return in both exploratory and in challenges.
  • ErykEryk Member Posts: 30
    I don't understand why remove them. Was fine with on challenges, would have preferred them stay. But you don't have to play deadly missions if you don't want to so why remove them. People that don't want the risk. Just don't do it. With all the good in update. This is a sad note.
    lioncheeter
    Ingame reply from help team:

"I'm sorry to hear that you've been disappointed in some of the changes made in this update. Every update introduces different changes to the game that improve the overall playing experience. This time due to a lot of feedback we received from players deadly missions were removed from the game completely.

We understand that this makes the related achievement unachievable so to ease the change and to celebrate the new radio calls system, we've sent everybody a summer gift with 15 phones!"

It's very good of them to reply so quickly.

The reply itself is pretty weak though:

a. 15 Radio's is apparently comparable in reward to the 394 gold I had earned (equivalent of the progress in the 500 gold achievement), but this is utter nonsense of course.

b. Apparently it's summer over at NG, but I'm pretty sure it is not summer anywhere on the world yet...? Isn't either end of spring or end of autumn, depending on the hemisphere?

c. Even though NG _understands_ that the achievement is now unachievable, the ball is simply dropped right there.

d. Could there not have been an alternative where there is an area on the world map exclusively reserved for deadly missions? Something obviously deadly. Instead of the missions hidden amongst regular missions (I'm assuming people were accidentally playing deadly missions due to them being amongst regular ones).
    TheLostOnes
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    I liked this game better with the possibility of permanent death for characters. Bring back more risk, please!

Has anyone checked to see if these are actually not deadlies?
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @SpringChicken I confirmed that they no longer add to your deadly kill count and that survivors only get hospitalized. This was a huge risk to take since I am the biggest bragger about having an empty memorial. Definitely not deadly though.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    @lmfgunnut thanks for taking one for the team.
  • ErykEryk Member Posts: 30
    Is there a possibility to have a toggle of turning deadly on or off? For those that can't handle losing survivors and those that want them available. This change is making me question if I want to continue playing. And that makes me sad. I've put a lot of time in
    limeyjohn
  • DCNatsDCNats Member Posts: 219
    I would have just liked some warning. This wasn't in any of the commentary that I saw on the 1.9 upgrade. I was only 58 missions away from 500. I have been playing a long time but haven't really focused on completing this achievement because I thought it would just happen eventually. If I had at least a week advance notice, I could have focused on this and knocked out the 58. That is what seems unfair to me. And the response that the 15 radios is a remedy is a little ridiculous because everyone got those, including the people who got the 500 gold for completing the achievement. Again, we were promised something as a reward and it was taken away.
    MadPuppyGovernatorZeena
  • LibertyJaneLibertyJane Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2016
    I'm with those whose disappointment is mainly based on the lost opportunity for the achievment. That's a pretty big one to take off the table, both in terms of pay-out, and how long many of us have worked towards it - and lost survivors along the way. At least a bit more warning would have been nice. I am at 487 but since I didn't come to the forums yesterday to know to finish those up, I've missed out. As others said, 15 radios for everyone doesn't really fix this, as those who did no deadlies got it, as did those who already collected their 500. Plus, I would have never spent my gold on radios.

If we can't have them back, I would like either a Deadly Weekend event, or a pay-out for the % complete.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    @angel_paskov It does have that feel doesn't it. Get people hooked. Then make it harder for them to get what they need. Then get them to pay more for the same feeling until you determine the market price.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,059

So walking dead team team is a drug dealer to me

Interestingly someone in a forum on e-readers said something like that, too. Don't know if I'd put it that way but had I paid real money to try to get the 500 gold I'd be so angry right now...

I agree that they would have needed to announce this a lot sooner than 1 day or so before the actual change was made.

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @angel_paskov yup...

It's crummy...

But it happens in business all the time...

It will forever be crummy...

Dammed drug dealers... Humph...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 672
    limeyjohn said:

I am not one to spend much cash in the game and all of my stuff has pretty much come from doing deadlies , why they would even consider removing them is beyond my tiny mind

I think you may have answered your own question.

Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

SgtSalami
    I find the boredom is setting in.
    I find that besides the achievement I actually liked the deadly tension.
    I find that now I'm even quitting the game to move on to something else, even with gas still in the tank, because I can't be bothered with regular supply runs.
    I find I went to bed an hour earlier than before (and I am not kidding or exaggerating here).
    I find that I'm wondering where this will lead... will I actually be playing less of this game... but if that starts the end is in sight (for me), time will tell.
  • FurginatorFurginator Member Posts: 97
    Going off what @SpacemanSpiff said, I think all aspects of the game should be deadly. I feel that it would really cut down on people trying to push for more stars and that would make me happy because...
    ant
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    I was half way through this achievement. So this really irritates me. I played deadly challenges to work towards the achievement but after they removed the deadlies from challenges I was screwed because I had gotten to such a incredibly hard and high episode mission with my lower level survivors that I kept losing people everytime I attempted one. Now I lose out completely on this achievement. What a waste of time I put in for those. Thanks
    SpringChicken
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 163
    Good Riddence!
    Deadlies needed to go, since developers couldn't seem to fix bugs that caused survivors to get stuck in deadlies and lose characters. If they fix this, I'd love for deadlies to be brought back.
    IGN: Sarah
    Line: sarah01ea
    Boss Lady's Email: [email protected]
    Recruiter & Elder of NO CURE ::::::: WALKERS CURE ::::::: THE NEW CURE
    No Cure | Walkers Cure | The New Cure

⚔ Walkers are the Disease. We are THE CURE. ⚔

Tired of Eating Chocolate Pudding and Pouring the Bisquick Alone?

CLICK HERE and Check Us Out! You Know You're Curious...
    mongo911SpringChicken
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 168
    I really liked deadly exploration missions and now they are gone . . .
    SgtSalamiSpringChicken
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I have always doubted claims of "bugs" that caused people to lose survivors on deadly missions. Not for lack of belief that bugs exist, but I believe that people are reluctant to admit their mistakes. That doesn't mean it never happened though. I have wondered aloud here if the decision to remove them was based on the rate of actual occurrences or possibly just the rate of complaints.

Whatever the reason, I think it is a shame. Deadly missions were a cool concept and I hope they can find a way to reimplement them in the future.

For those that felt the reward was not worth the risk, it is of little value to argue at this point, but the rate of gold and silver crates after a deadly mission was about double that of other exploration missions for the same gas cost. The missions were also the same difficulty as XP and Supply missions so the reward was in my mind certainly worth the risk (when you consider the risk to be very low). I never wasted time killing extra walkers after completing a mission, and there was never a significant risk that level 18 or 19 walkers would overtake my lvl 18 survivors.

So long deadly mission. Hello new era of safety.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

masmith93SlickRickTheLostOnesOvidmikel
This discussion has been closed.