Legendary 18 Bruiser/Scout w/ Legendary Level 21 gear

2»

Comments

• PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited June 2016
    edit bug

@JVC_TWD
    yeah. and pre-update numbers all over the wiki.
    for example this one:
    http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
    http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Survivors

So without screens you can do the math.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    JVC_TWD said:

@zoson here's the before and after pics. Armor increased by 212. So if it increased by 40% like it was supposed to, then we get 40/100 = 212/x (let's solve for x). Once we do, we get x = 530.

So 212 is 40% of 530. But our armor before the update was at 953. So, where did this 530 come from? Is it the base of the armor when it was level 17?

You're right. I checked the wiki, which still has the old info. My survivor has level 19 armor, you can see it below. The wiki shows that pre-update it would have had 752 hp. So the gain was 167 hp to 919. Anyway, this also allows us to see that the actual 'upgrade' from 19 to 20 is now 246 (1165-919) while the old upgrade was 199(953-752). So even if it's the upgrades between levels it's far short of 40%.

Just a comment, I prefer standard notation: 0.4 * x = 212 (40% of what equals 212?)... It just reads better.

ANYWAY... moving along I decided to see what percentage of the previous hp was the increase, and that IS consistent. Here's the improvement from level's 18, 19, and 20.
    1165-953=212
    212/953=.222
    919-752=167
    167/752=.222
    730-597=133
    133/597=.222

Looks like the actual boost is about 22%... Summoning @eetu or @oldgoth can you guys please clarify?

• mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2016
    Hey Mod.. Jump when I say please jump...

Sigh...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

[Deleted User]ggbats
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @SlickRick You named that white cracker Michonne :smiley:
    Back from 2016 :p
    SlickRickggbats
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Seems like this was an in-house communication mishap, more specifically a failure in distinguishing between "percentage" and "percentage point". Some internal multipliers were increased by 40 percentage points, and that was mistranslated into a "40% increase" for the release notes.

The new values are correct, as in what was intended - the fail was in the release note communication.
    zosonlmfgunnutmasmith93PR0DJ
  • Tam8Tam8 Member Posts: 65
    edited June 2016
    Ok, I try:

Base HP = 100%
    Bruiser HP = 180% (before)
    Increase: 40 percentage points.
    Bruiser HP = 220% (after)

Example from these values:
    Old armor 953 = 180%
    1% ~ 5.2944444 HP
    New armor (220%) = 5.29444444 * 220 = 1,164,78 ~ 1,165

Is that math correct, @eetu?
    theRealBenderzoson
    Something like that, yes :)
    PR0DJlmfgunnutTheLostOnes
    edited June 2016
    eetu said:

Seems like this was an in-house communication mishap, more specifically a failure in distinguishing between "percentage" and "percentage point". Some internal multipliers were increased by 40 percentage points, and that was mistranslated into a "40% increase" for the release notes.

The new values are correct, as in what was intended - the fail was in the release note communication.

@eetu, Wait WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT???? What the ****?
    Announcement say one thing and you tell the other thing?
    I know math and have some degrees in it, but this is 5th grade shit and can sold only to 4th grade suckers who will pay whatever you say.

I am sorry for outrage, but it is just WRONG.
    @PR0DJ lol come on man, "something like that" in this context means nice try, but NO. :smiley:
    edited June 2016

@PR0DJ lol come on man, "something like that" in this context means nice try, but NO. :smiley:

I will calm when I will see logic or math or truth in announcements. Or at least explanation to those who know how to read and how to calculate.
    I already edited my post to be the person who you can reason with.
    He is saying that they made a clerical error writing the Update Notes. It is NOT supposed to read "40%" for armor increase.
    Errr... @PR0DJ...

Gotta let ya know... @eetu is a bunch of working guys & girls at NextGames in Helsinki...

They work hard... And are consistently beaten wif whips, if they complain...
    They have to work 15 1/2 hours a day ( only one bathroom break )

And are forced to applaud the Management, each time the managers come into the room...

A pitiful existence...

@eetu has no authority... @eetu knows mathematics... The Managers are suspect...

ant

He is saying that they made a clerical error writing the Update Notes. It is NOT supposed to read "40%" for armor increase.

@theRealBender I saw what he said, thank you very much.
    Did you see what I am saying?
    mongo911 said:

Errr... @PR0DJ...

Gotta let ya know... @eetu is a bunch of working guys & girls at NextGames in Helsinki...

They work hard... And are consistently beaten wif whips, if they complain...
    They have to work 15 1/2 hours a day ( only one bathroom break )

And are forced to applaud the Management, each time the managers come into the room...

A pitiful existence...

@eetu has no authority... @eetu knows mathematics... The Managers are suspect...

I do not blame or accuse @eetu of something, I just saying that all that is wrong.

If I not allowed to say it in public - I gladly will chat in PM without outrage or something.
    It sounds like you are saying they should be held accountable for making a clerical error with the Notes/Announcement? Then what should happen now? Say it in public.
    PR0DJggbats
    Yup @PR0DJ...

It is normal on this Board, to accuse the Managers of NextGames of " Blunders & Stupidity "...

And, it's kinda fun... ( till da Mods show up... )

roll eyes, shudder, prepare for timeout, grumble at the screen...

[Deleted User]ggbats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @PR0DJ

This is exactly why I want my money back. You are not allowed here to say anything when people continuously promise you one thing then give you something much different that equates to much less and have no issues in taking your money at the same time under these false pretenses. This is called bait and switch and is a trend with this company and none of them seem to think there is anything wrong with it. I wonder if they needed heart surgery. Went to the hospital and paid for heart surgery, only to have them treat them for an ear infection then tell them so sorry but our doctors and the billing department "mis-communicated" so run along now an if you try and protest we will call security and have you forcibly removed. Would that be okay with them? Why then is it okay to continuously treat your customers like this? They know having people think that bruiser will be 40% more stronger will encourage people to spend RL money to get them stronger faster (using gold is the only way to open gear quickly and spending RL money is the only way to gather the amounts of gold needed quickly. This is not the first time we have been "mistakenly" lead to believe something that was not true. They do this stuff often. Baiting and switching is wrong and we should have been given the real numbers regarding this from the beginning. The marketing team and the developing team should be able to communicate more effectively than this! This is exactly why every event that rolls along is followed by huge threads filled with people who are speculating and asking questions about what was announced and what exactly does it all means and what we as players should expect. This trend of consistently poor integrity is shameful.
    [Deleted User]
    Hi @DarkFae...

Remember " puppies & flowers "... " puppies & flowers "...

theRealBender
    @DarkFae I really wanna reply and get our chat seen by all people if NG dont mind.))
    But some of your many words is unnecessary and I would not say I like them, but with meaning of other - I agree.

But I need to go for business meeting. Hope in couple of hours you will be online and all this will not be deleted by moders.
    @mongo911

I'm serious. Either they should keep taking in people's money and give people what they promise they will give people or not take any more money from people and then whatever they want. What next games oy keeps doing is unethical.
    mongo911
    @PR0DJ

Someone needed to say it. I did and I don't regret it.
    mongo911
    mongo911 said:

Hi @DarkFae...

Remember " puppies & flowers "... " puppies & flowers "...

Just look at the flowers, Lizzie.. :)
    mongo911Cherokee_RoselmfgunnutTheLostOnes
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Heading off-topic. Closed.
    atrainofficialPR0DJ
This discussion has been closed.