Walkers and my people are all messed up

EykaynEykayn Member Posts: 9

Comments

• theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I really don't know how to describe this. When I went into a challenge mission, my load screen looked like this:

It did load. And my survivors were line frames.

I was able to play through the mission, but the End Turn button didn't work immediately. I would complete my moves then have to force stop and reload the game to get the End Turn button to work. Then, the walkers and survivors took their turns. Again, I would move and have to force stop/reload to get the End Turn button to work.

Very annoying

OH, and now my camp has ghosts. The people inside are just showing shadows. The Walkers are invisible. Only the target gives away their locations. Seriously buggy
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I think you have a murderer in your camp.
    Maybe they can do a CSI crossover , and you have to investigate everyone
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    @eetu , need your help again.

Thread merged.
  • EykaynEykayn Member Posts: 9
    As the fight goes on it gets really laggy and I have to restart multiple times to just finish the battle. None of these things were happening last night or before then.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Ok that's messed up. We do not support Bluestacks, but it would be nice to know what causes such a state..
    Yep. I have to restart the app at least 3 times every mission to get it to work.

@eetu You really should consider supporting Bluestacks. It emulates an older version of Android that many players with older devices still use when accessing the game. Personally, I no longer use Bluestacks. When I first started playing back in December, my device was too old to support the game. Google Play Store didn't even offer it to me as a download. So, I downloaded Bluestacks on my PC. In February, I got a newer phone and was able to play on that for a few weeks.

When v 1.6 was released, I could not play on my new device. It crashed every time I opened it. So, I went back to Bluestacks. By this time, they had released Bluestacks 2. During the Great Rollback of 2016, I played exclusively on Bluestacks 2. I experienced NO ROLLBACKS, crashes, or other problems. When 1.7 came out, my device was able to run it, so I stopped running on Bluestacks 2. I did update to Bluestacks 2 TV when it was released in April just to have it as backup.

The screenshots I posted above were taken using Bluestacks 2 TV because it is easier to post them to the forums from my PC rather than from my phone. Thing is, this is happening on BOTH my phone and on Bluestacks 2 TV. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android Lollipop. (I think Bluestacks 2 TV is running KitKat, but not sure; no way to determine that from inside the emulator).

Emulators like Bluestacks are used by MANY honest players. People with visual impairments that cannot see small screens well can use them to play the game via PC on a larger monitor/ HD TV. People that live in rural areas where no WiFi is available can use them to play on PC over DSL and not burn their mobile data plans. I have a nephew with Muscular Dystrophy that lacks fine motor control to play on mobile devices. He uses Bluestacks to play his games and control them with a mouse calibrated to his movements. By NOT supporting emulators (or using emulators to simulate how different devices will respond to updates before launching them; some of the paid emulators will run multiple versions of Android so devs can test and players can choose the one they like best), you are limiting your customer base to only those that are free of disabilities and able to afford the newest gadgets. Remember, if people are spending their money on the newest devices to keep up with the game, then they don't have the money to BUY IAPs from you.

koptyan
    @eetu

Out of sheer curiosity, I downloaded Hardware Info as the incompatible device thread required. It turns out I was right about Bluestacks 2 TV emulating Android KitKat. It is actually emulating a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the predecessor of the device I got in February. I also noticed in the incompatible megathread that people are reporting Samsung Galaxy S4 (released same year as the Note 3).

Perhaps many issues could be avoided by coding the game to be compatible with KitKat and later. I think KitKat was released in 2013, so that should make all devices newer than 3 years compatible again.

The Pantech Flex that I had prior to the Note 3 was running Android 4.1,2 which is only a slightly older version than the one Bluestacks 2 TV is currently emulating.

• @thebluebox the great rollback of 2016. Freaking priceless.
    @thebluebox Did you uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that helps? I want to try that myself but we are past our data for the month and am trying to keep data use down.
    @Eykan

Immediately after I download new updates, I restart my device / computer (if running Bluestacks).

Force stopping and clearing data / cache is the first thing I try when stuff like this happens.

Uninstalling and reinstalling is the second.

If none of those work, I seek support.

Thing is, this is happening on both my device AND on Bluestacks (running Android Lollipop and KitKat respectively). I tried to download and go back to a previous version of Bluestacks, but the game would not load. Looks like I am stuck playing with severe lag and ghosts until such a time as someone figures out what is going on. It's either that OR I will be forced to quit the game.
    Eykayn
    Looks like I am in the same boat, can't even play rank battles if it's like the others since reloading is not an option...
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @Eykayn @thebluebox what are your in-game names & levels?
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Bluestacks intrigues me. I play on iOS on my phone, but my wifi is often more stable on my computer (forcing me to use data on the phone). Is it possible to play my same account through Bluestacks if I link both to facebook? Or because one is iOS and the other Android will they necessarily be separate accounts?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    @Pig, I play Walking Dead and Fallout Shelter on Bluestacks and Fallout Shelter also on my tablet(since Walking Dead is not available on my tablet). Both do or should transfer over with saves to the google play cloud. I have recovered Walking Dead twice when I either cleared the data on my game or reinstalled Bluestacks.
    @Teeceezy: Same in game as here, TheBlueBox
    Level 41
    Guild A Daryl Addixon

@Pig @Eykayn if using iOS, the Game Store from Apple saves your game data on the Cloud. Bluestacks emulates Android and uses Google Play Games to store data on the Cloud. Due to the different save game servers, you would have to use the Link Device feature in the game to transfer between the two clouds. You would choose your tablet as the "old device" and put the code into Bluestacks as the "new device". From that point forward, you could only play on Bluestacks as the Google Play Games cloud would have your most recent save state on it.

Linking to Facebook DOES NOT save your game. All it does is let people know you are playing the game and imports your Facebook friends that also play to your in game friends list.

@Teeceezy: No rush fixing this. I am getting a NEW device (the Note 5 I got in February was a refurbished). I am getting a Samsung J3 running Adroid 6.x.x (Marshmallow).

I honestly think the problem is with the Android version Bluestacks is emulating. It emulates KitKat (4.4.2) . I think the latest Marshmallow update is 6.2.2. Based on what I am seeing in the forums, it seems the game is currently coded to optimize on Lollipop (5.x.x).

My Note 5 is running the very first version of Lollipop )5.0.0) released. It is intermittently having the graphics issue without the lag and disappearing end turn button. Thus, I suspect that any versions of Android prior to Lollipop 5.4.x will have some issues with the new update. Coding for compatibility with multiple OS versions is difficult at best. Honestly, the devs need to invest in an emulator like Gennymotion that allows simulation on multiple devices and Android versions. Compatibility needs to be considered for ALL versions released in the last 4 years. If people are faced with paying hundreds $$ for new devices in order to play games, they are likely to stop playing the games. As it is, I am going to pay installments of $20 per month for my new phone for the next year. That's $20 I won't be spending on the game. (On the flip side, I will resell my Note 5 and get a nice chunk of change up front, but that will probably be invested into new equipment for my home business, so NG won't see much if any of it.)
    @Teeceezy Eykayn lvl 24.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Thanks, folks. If it means ONLY playing on Bluestacks from now on, I'll have to give it a miss. I want to play iOS primarily, but it would have been nice to play on the PC as a back-up. Anyway, thanks for the help!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    @Pig There are other emulators out there. Bluestacks, Handy Andy, Gennymotion, and a ton of others are Android emulators. I am sure iOS emulators exist. Since I have never had an iOS device or Mac computer, I am not familiar with Apple systems and never felt the need to research emulators for them. Run a Google search for "iOS emulators for PC" (or Mac if your computer is Mac based instead of Windows based) and see what comes up.
    @Teeceezy: I am continuing to sort of play on Bluestacks until my new phone comes in. I would like to report a situation change. The game is still laggy and graphics messed up. However, since the cinema patch, I have noticed that I can play most missions all the way through without encountering the "end turn" button going missing or inactive. It's just laggy and takes about 6 minutes to finish a mission that would normally take about 2-3 minutes. I have also noticed that after the initial start with the "line drawing" frames of the characters, at the end of their first actions, the "dead" versions of the characters appear 2 spaces front and one down from the actual locations, and twitch maniacally. Actions such as shooting appear from the "displaced" location.

I would hazard a guess that the "fix" to the cinema issue may have had an effect elsewhere in the game. Graphics are tricky.
    Eykayn
  • BrownsauceBrownsauce Member Posts: 0
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with why the character modeling is completely wonky when playing on an emulator. Bluestacks if anyone is wondering, but every time I try and play the characters are off the screen, Zombies are the same. Also if I am even correct on this, outside your home there are birds flying around that dont look like birds at all for me.

I dont know if anyone can help, but thought it would be worth a shot to try and ask.
    Still freezing up too much for me to do any raids. Still having to close it and reopen it to do missions at all...
    I completely still cannot do raids either. Too darn laggy. The stop and restart app is down to once a mission rather than 4-8.
    ...And it is back to lagging. Really hope my new device will be compatible. Should get here Monday. Samsung Galaxy J3 running Marshmallow.

I have gotten 0 stars this week. After restarting the first mission 8 times, I just gave up and decided to wait for my new device. If my new device is not compatible, I believe I will be forced to leave the game for good.
    I've been getting stars but losing rank because I can't fight any battles on that front.
    I have lost 313 influence since I haven't been able to raid for two weeks. It is to the point now where I am having to restart after every turn. Needless to say, I did not play at all last week.
    Have my new phone. It is Marshmallow 6.0.1. I can play again
    Lucky you.
  • koptyankoptyan Member Posts: 2
    Hi, friend! I have the same problem on my PC with using Bluestacks emulator ver. 2.2.21.6212. It lasts since the latest update of the game to ver. 1.9.0.87! Before that update the game worked absolutely normal! Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it! I tried to use another version of Bluestacks, in earlier versions of emulator the game stops on main loading screen, I just see "searching for survivors..." and nothing happens! Also I tried to change configuration of my NVIDIA graphic card - no results, I just see uncorrect 3D models with no working phisics. Maybe someone can help us!
    P.S. Configuration of my PC: AMD Phenom II X3 720, 4 Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 460 GTX.