Radio Pulls - Survivor Tracker: Data Collection - June 2016 Edition ( RESULTS POSTED)!!!

MarkMark Member Posts: 253
Greetings Survivor!

This is an effort to collect data and provide analysis on an "off survivor event". I will compile this dataset for the Month of June and up until the next Survivor Event. Please help do some data collection.

Radio Pulls - Survivor Tracker

PURPOSE
Understand the %s of the new radio system.
Collect data and provide analysis for a non-event.

SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
I will not include anything posted on this thread which is not entered into the Tracker Form.
Please don't post or complain about how you didn't get any good survivors.
If you have a specific question or want to bump, that is fine.

This thread is strictly for data collection only, use the link and submit your pulls - Easy Peasy.

RESULTS
Let me first begin by saying thank you to all that contributed to the data collecting and great teamwork / feedback during the process.
Please keep in mind, the data results below is an approximation as we are trying to figure out probabilities using bottom up technique and the challenges of which comes with.

I will begin by showing a trend analysis of users that input data over the course of the month

Surely there was excitement on when the radio pulls revision was announced, as shown in the early month of June, then begin to tapered off once the 1.10 update was being shared (tokens/survivors/radios etc,..). Folks began to hold onto their radios until the 1.10 release or until epic/leg event is announced.

Among the data collected, the spread of User Player Levels is shown.

To say the least, we have some serious gamers here :) 30+ player levels

Among the data collected, The number of types of Radio Calls was assessed..

93% of users, choose to use 15 radio calls, followed by 5% of users that choose 1 radio calls.

For the following comparisons please note: For the 1 radio call the %s are based on 44 data input; for the 5 radio call the %s are based on 20 radio input; and for the 15 radio call the %s are based on 840 data input. Ideally, I'd like to see 300 data input for each category but we make best of what we have.

The Survivor Rarity Based on Radio Calls - Comparison.

Although more data is needed; the data suggests we observe: 2 - 2.5 % of pulling a Legendary survivor; more confidence with 15 radio call since the data input was large but for 1 and 5 radio calls the data is sparse and will need to gather more inputs. Additionally, check out the % of Rare pulls as shown, an astonishing 84% !! This is not surprising based on the screenshots and number of users whom posted in another thread.

The Survivor Class Based on Radio Calls - Comparison.

Looking across the board 1-5-15 radio calls, the odds of pulling a certain type of survivor class is essentially similar on average ~17% chance. I don't foresee an advantage of using 1 call vs 15 call to better your %.. basically, using a 15 radio call in this scenario just gives you another chance at pulling a survivor class, but at the same % odds. I believe this has been mentioned already by others.

The Survivor Max Level Based on Radio Calls - Comparison.

Although more data is needed; the trend we can observe here is- for a 1 radio call greater odds to get a 14-16 max level survivor, for a 5 radio call greater odds to get a 15-17 max level survivor, for a 15 radio call greater odds to get a 16-18 max level survivor.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We need your help. Let's Beef up the 1 Radio Call Data
This Link will direct you to a 1 Radio Call only Data collection form; quick and easy condensed form. Once we reach nearly 1000 entries I will update OP with newly 1 Radio Call data

1 RADIO CALL FORM LINK

OneLessTitanJapes87GovernatorBoruto_Fenrir_DoTakTam8PR0DJggbatsPsychoyummypieOndreddozeratiOvidmikelJackBauerMaudit

Comments

• OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited June 2016
    Very nice! I will share this with my guild mates; they are pretty helpful folks!
    Japes87Mark[Deleted User]PR0DJ
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    This is @blynknz and I endorse this message
    Mark
  • BeccaBecca Member Posts: 39
    @blynknz I am still getting max lvl 9 and 12. Can you add that to the list.
    Mark
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,150
    Very smart to collect data via a form! Saves you the trouble of manually scraping through comments to gather data. Nice work. Excited to see the results.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    MarkPR0DJ
  • walker_say_whatwalker_say_what Member Posts: 150
    Everyone in DTP has been notified and your link has been shared. We will be glad to help out!
    Mark[Deleted User]
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    Thanks indeed, much obliged! Everyone!

Thanks for all the help on this.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,150
    One suggestion: It might be helpful to add Radio Tent Level to the form.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    MarkOneLessTitan
  • Everyone in DTP has been notified and your link has been shared. We will be glad to help out!

Thank you @walker_say_what :)

Tammy

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

Mark
    @JayZ good suggestion, I am assuming max tent level, but we can collect that as well :) I will add that to the form.
    OneLessTitan
  • DonzoDonzo Member Posts: 9
    Is there a way to see any of the output yet?
    @Donzo way too soon bud. If it was a weekend event; it would be developed for a quick 1 day analysis for each day of the event; for which I have done in the past for my guild. This is a large beast and we just need to sit on it and let it percolate for a bit to collect data. In a couple of weeks I will give an update on submission entries and preliminary stats.

So far as you can see, too early for anything yet :)

blynknzOneLessTitan
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Good work
  • DonzoDonzo Member Posts: 9
    @Mark sure, I agree and understand how much data is needed to get a real good, accurate idea. Stats is just one of my favorite subjects and I was more so wondering how it was coming and if you were actually getting a lot of responses. The graph answered my question though, so thanks. Best of luck with further collection, I put my 15 call in :) and look forward to the results!
    Mark[Deleted User]
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    @Mark it should read:

common, uncommon, rare, epic and legendary

NOT: uncommon, common, rare, epic and legendary
    Mark
    @JVC_TWD
    lol thanks :) I will update.

Cheers
    Mark
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    edited June 2016
    No problem haha. I almost input the wrong info cuz I wasn't sure so I went back to the pic and then I noticed it
    Just an update on the responses thus far. Great job all keep up the great work!

ggbats
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    This one is very typical of my 15 radio pull luck so far. Three total rejects.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,828
    Radio tent 5 player 31
    15 call
    The selection for max survivor level starts with 14, but I got one with max 13

What to do?
  • ChilidawgChilidawg Member Posts: 58
    Posted 2 pulls from this morning
    Mark
    NCDawgFan said:

This one is very typical of my 15 radio pull luck so far. Three total rejects.

@NCDawgFan thanks, rejects or not, please post in the tracker if you haven't already done so. Many thanks!!
    MadPuppy said:

Radio tent 5 player 31
    15 call
    The selection for max survivor level starts with 14, but I got one with max 13

What to do?

@MadPuppy can you please post a screenshot of this, I will then adjust the lower cap to start with 13 after confirmation. Many thanks!
    The form now includes a choice for collecting max level 13 for survivors.

Happy collecting everyone :)
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 324
    edited June 2016
    Six 15 pulls and one 5 pull (player level 52, council 17, radio tent 8). Thanks for doing this.
    Mark
    @sligoem
    thanks, please if you haven't already done so, please click on the link in the OP and enter in your pulls, its quick and easy and will go into a database for us all. Cheers mate - Mark
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 324
    Sorry, thanks!
    Mark
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,532
    sligoem said:

Six 15 pulls and one 5 pull (player level 52, council 17, radio tent 8). Thanks for doing this.

Jeez! The max level of your survivors pulled is awful! No max 19s and 7 out of 20 that max at level 18. Way too many 16s and 17s IMO. I can't wait to see the total results at the end of the month to get an idea of what the baseline is.
    MarkOvidmikel
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @sligoem at player lvl 52 that's RIDICULOS I'm at player lvl 46 and I've got all max [email protected] survivors hope I don't jynx myself I have only one leg but all epics and out of 19 survivors I only have one hunter at max 17 I keep her for the Dodge and luck but over half are max 19 that makes no sense
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited June 2016
    @Mark What a great idea to do statistic.
    I am saving my radios for event, but I will do one pull now and fill your form!

UPD. Did one and all rare 18,17,18. Filled your form.
    But will save radios for now, coz I have pretty good A-team.
    Markggbats[Deleted User]
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    I did 2 of 15 calls.
    1 epic hunter max level 19 and rest are all rare.
    Filled your form.
    Mark
    @PR0DJ @Boruto thanks :smiley: