Weekend Event Faster Heal Times + Outposts = Here's Your Chance

Let me start off by saying I do understand the frustration of forum members who feel that outposts became more difficult to raid after the last update especially since many of them are people I like on the forum. I think they made huge improve to to it and while not perfect by any means it was a good solid step towards fixing them.

That being said here's another excellent opportunity for people to get involved in outposts. I'm sure many will say that they still won't do any raiding and that's your right.

Let the compliments and complaints begin!!!!
masmith93theRealBender

Comments

• atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    Wait, what's the deal with the Outposts? I get that we'll have faster heal times but is there something else happening with the Outposts? The title is a little confusing.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2016
    No nothing else just writing in "shorthand" saying for those who don't raid because their survivors are getting their asses handed to them and have to spend a lot of time in the hospital here's a chance for you to take advantage of the weekend event and use it to do more raiding. I thought that was pretty clear I guess not.

I'm also hoping before someone starts another thread on how outpost raiding results in 3 heavy injuries requiring max hospital so they don't want to raid that they will give raiding another shot before starting the 100th thread on that.
    atrainofficial
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    This weekend event is super useful with the Outposts as it saves you more time and allows you to make more attacks.

Moreover with the double Cycle rewards, you have a higher chance of climbing up the ranks and fighting for those rewards high rewards.
    atrainofficial
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Yes, @JayZ is right. It needs to be much better than halved in order to keep people raiding. Even a 10 minute healing time may do it. I'm curious to hear what the actual event is.
    Ovidmikel
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    Please please NO WEEKEND EVENT RELATED TO OUTPOSTs!!
    99% of players dont like outposts!!
    Bring back the horde or one minute gas refil.
    masmith93limeyjohn
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @raton I wasn't aware that you were doing that kind of polling of the playerbase. I've got tons of questions I'd love to have added to surveys in the future. Are you the one that conducts them, or are you just citing someone else's study?
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    5 second heals????
    Ovidmikel
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,149
    @raton Realistically, they haven't had either of those events in a long time. I actually quite like the outposts. Here's why:

First, there's significantly more variation than traditional maps because the placement of the walkers/defenders vary each time.

Second, assuming you can go through outposts unscathed, 3 raids (6 gas) is much better than 1 exploration mission. 3 raids will get you at least 1000 TG, which means two gold crates. Ever since deadly missions were removed, my crate drops have been horrible, so I would much rather opt for guaranteed gold crates. You'll also likely spend ~10 minutes on those 3 raids, so if you enjoy playing the game and getting the most out of your gas, you get much more value out of those 3 raids.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    PR0DJ
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Not excited yet again about another weekend event related to Outposts, so I guess I will be farming XP and leveling legendary gear I don't really need at this point but will need when the Council upgrade finally drops.

Then again if I continue my quest to try and finally beat story mission 12-3 on nightmare mode, those reduced healing time could come in real handy, two survivors at a time.
    Ovidmikel
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    JayZ said:

@raton Realistically, they haven't had either of those events in a long time. I actually quite like the outposts. Here's why:

First, there's significantly more variation than traditional maps because the placement of the walkers/defenders vary each time.

Second, assuming you can go through outposts unscathed, 3 raids (6 gas) is much better than 1 exploration mission. 3 raids will get you at least 1000 TG, which means two gold crates. Ever since deadly missions were removed, my crate drops have been horrible, so I would much rather opt for guaranteed gold crates. You'll also likely spend ~10 minutes on those 3 raids, so if you enjoy playing the game and getting the most out of your gas, you get much more value out of those 3 raids.

What's your influence level?

That's definitely not the case at higher influence, unless you have maxed-out survivors and gear. Exploration is much more profitable for me, and halving hospital times won't change that. Also, outpost maps are NOT more varied at high level of influence. Everyone is in Rural Fields with the same third section, and defenders in basically the exact same places (I can see it with my eyes closed).

I'm currently tanking my influence and I'm not sure where to stop. If I know your influence level it might help me decide. Thanks!

Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    RickGrames
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 689
    Crap events two weekends in a row. Have fun if it works for you.
    _Fenrir_
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,149
    @Pig I'm around 3K. Most raids are between 300-500 TGs. Even when I spend 50-100 TG to look for an easy outpost to raid, I still usually walk away with at least 300.

People around that level have a mix of locations and vary where they put their defenders. I also get a wide variety of defenders (sometimes three hunters, sometimes all melee, sometimes a mix of bruiser/shooter/assault, etc.).

It might also be worth nothing that my camp isn't maxed out. My survivors are only level 14, so it's possible that the lower-level players I'm matched against aren't as strategic/cohesive about where they put things.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    That's good to know, thanks @JayZ.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    masmith93 said:

Second weekend event in a row for outposts. BOO! I will strike AGAIN! I do not like this event. I do not like it here or there, I do not like it anywhere.

@masmith93 Would you like it on a mop, or for ice cream as a top? If you won or had some fun, would you still from this event run?
    masmith93
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,530
    Only three "likes" on the official announcement as of 10:00 p.m. CST today. That should say something about how people view this weekend's event. :D
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    edited June 2016
    @Perdtin I would not like it on a mop, I would not like it as a top. I would not, could not have some fun, nor would I have won. I will not play outposts, Perdtin, you let me be!
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,530
    masmith93 said:

@Perdtin I would not like it on a mop, I would not like it as a top. I would not, could not have some fun, nor would I have won. I will not play outposts, Perdtin, you let me be!

Oh, The Places You Won't Go! :D
    masmith93Perdtin
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    masmith93 said:

@masmith93 D__n you are good. Much respect and props.
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    Wait... what is outpost again?! :p
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    is it possible its more then 50% healtime reduce? more like 5 seconds?
    Got 2 bruised that i could use on next mission
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    It's a bug shhhhhhh. I didn't want to say anything earlier today or they may change it. Or it's half the time before hospital improvements are entered in.
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    edited June 2016
    The announcement doesn't say which weekend ... for sure not the current weekend, because there is no event at all currently. Yes, I have restarted the app multiple times, but nothing.

@Teeceezy NG messed it up again?
    @Teeceezy @eetu Still no weekend event here. Problems with the summer schedule?
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    We haven't had any other reports of the weekend event not showing up. Have you done a hard reset (force close etc)?
    @Teeceezy Yes, I even restarted the device, but still didn't work. I tried it now on two other devices, and the event works now on all of them. The news announcement is still missing on the first device though.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Ok, that is weird. I took a detailed look, and all our servers are up to date with regards to the event data.

Sounds like something for the x-files, but if you could tell us which device it is and whether it is wi-fi or mobile data that might maybe maybe tell something...
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I just had a survivor get bruised but when I checked the hospital it was empty like he got instantly healed.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.