Trade characters, gear, and more among guilds and players

I would really love the ability to trade between players or at least among our guilds. This would really reinforce the cooperative aspect of the game, a huge boost to the social aspect. I for example have a 1 legendary and 2 epic shooters... But no good scouts or assaults... A guild mate with the opposite situation would make an awesome bennificial trading partner..and help the guild as a whole

A simple UI for players to view each others rosters and propose trades to would be all that's needed

Things that could be traded or gifted to other players:
Characters
Weapons/Armor
Gold/Radios

Comments

• aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    personally, i dont think trading will be good for this game. It could be exploited. especially trading survivors. Survivors??! Really?! i know in the TV series they attempt to make trade, traded Beth and Carol for two police officers in the hospital. But that didnt end well.
  • TheSheriffTheSheriff Member Posts: 76
    How could it be exploited?
  • _sheilador_sheilador Member Posts: 26
    I made the same suggestion RE: equipment and was told at that time that it had been suggested already too. I think it's a great idea.

Check out this thread: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/1011/donating-old-weapons-equipment
    Currently a member of Cowabunga guild -- recruiting active members, no minimum lvl/star count
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168

Just trust me.. it will be.. ;p
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45

easily... make a second account and trade... happens all the time in other games.

but in the end most games end up adding in a trading function due to the outcry of the gamers. so eventually it will be an option... it ALWAYS is eventually.

Wow, yalls take this game way too seriously if that's the type of shit you're worried about
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @TheSheriff If a game becomes too easy to cheat, then people will stop playing the game...

Also a trading system would kill the game's income. If you are a low level player and you can get legends from guild members... are you going to spend any money trying to get a legend yourself?
    TheSheriff
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    let's just make an instant win button we can press that wins the game and uninstalls it.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45
    The best way to work "trading" into the game would to make a "market place"

If you want to sell an item put it up on the market board and other players can bid on the item.

Make it similar to Ebay. Make it an auction and make it last 2-5 days and anyone can bid on the item. I would say use "supplies" or "experience" as currency to bid on the items. You could use gold, but you can buy gold in the game and it would throw the economy off for a while, but would eventually balance out.

This would make it so anyone can buy the item and difficult to have people make a second account to try and bid on items. it would almost create a mini game within the game.
  • xXSyckoXxxXSyckoXx Member Posts: 102
    Not in favour of this as mentioned it will definitely get abused some how.
    null
    Alright Hello, That's a hood point I hadn't considered....

How about this fora solution, you can only trade with players 4 player levels within yours?

That way, new Players can't be gifted high level survivors... But similar level players can do mutually bennificial roster trades
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Why is it that you want to trade in the 1st place? Probably because you want to get something that currently eludes you? This desire to want is what causes ppl to spend money... So if you provide another means to fulfill your desire for free, then the game loses money.
    edited January 2016
    Nah, fuck that... They don't have to charge for EVERYTHING. You're nuts bro.

People like you are what's wrong with the gaming industry... Charging $20 for skins because their faithful cucks eat it all up
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,200
    Damn I sold all the extra gear in the morning. Enabling trading would be a good option to get rid of gear and survivors you don't need. I agree some of the players might exploit the function. But what the heck, the game developers are also exploiting us.

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars