Free GAS

I started getting frustrated with this game. I thought having FREE GAS will give me better chance of getting legendary items but it seems like it affected negatively. I wonder if developers have a mechanism to change the CHANCE of getting good items for players who has FREE GAS.

I have been farming mission 13 non-stop like at least 200-300 a day and I get NOTHING!

My other opinion is... Since I spent $$ on buying items with bundles, they don't want me to get good items so I will continue to buy... However, I am very frustrated that that it will backfire...

I really would like to hear something from developers...

Free Gas = worst chance of getting legendary items or what?
Invader

Comments

• eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    edited June 2016

No
    masmith93TheLostOneszoson
  • californiancalifornian Member Posts: 8
    So its my PURE bad luck that I have been farming for the last a few days and farmed mission 13 over 1000 times...

What did I get? Nothing...

When I farm with FREE gas and get nothing, what's the normal player will get?
    they can only attack 3 times in every 3 hours so what? They have no chance of getting legendary?

or the system is changing the chance of the legendary with players game time?

Invader
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    eetu said:

No

I noticed the same!

The chance to get good gear from the gold crates are also drasticly discreased...

Together with tougher outpost injure it´s seems like you diggin for gold buyers on nearly every end of the game now...think about to quit playing too.
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    The best way to get legendary gear is to buy it from the 7500 TG reward crate. Your time would be better spent raiding and climbing the cycle leader board for TG. I've been getting about 500 TG per raid. That's one legendary item every 15ish raids. Which is way better than 200-300 side missions for a CHANCE at gear dropping.
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
    Spindig said:

The best way to get legendary gear is to buy it from the 7500 TG reward crate.

Yes...but thanks to the ridicilous changes in outposts it takes ages to grab 7500 tg...

Before I was able to get that amount with one fulled car and mostly without injuries. Now it´s like getting below 1000 tg and then I have to wait 2-3 hours to get out of the hospital...
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    Ouch. Yeah that sucks. Thankfully, Match making has been solid on my end. Could have something to do with level or tier. idk. Anyway... good luck on the grind. I hope something awesome drops soon :wink:
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
    Invader
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    eetu said:

Invader said:

Before I was able to get that amount with one fulled car and mostly without injuries.

I'm not saying the current levels are necessarily perfect, but getting a guaranteed legendary item with one tankful of gas and no injury does sounds a bit too easy to me :/
    Well those were the days of some mid to high level players finding TG rewards ranging from 1000-5000 lol. Of course in those days I mostly found 0/0. Now it seems more appropriate for the player's time & effort investment. It's not perfect, and I wouldn't know unless I played Outposts all the way up to Master Tier, but I never liked hearing about everyone else finding 5000 TG rewards while I couldn't profit very much at all. So 1.9 is a big step in the right direction for my experience.
    Back from 2016 :p
    SpindigDeadBeat
    eetu said:

Invader said:

Before I was able to get that amount with one fulled car and mostly without injuries.

I'm not saying the current levels are necessarily perfect, but getting a guaranteed legendary item with one tankful of gas and no injury does sounds a bit too easy to me :/

May be...but now it´s impossible. Mostly facing well equiped walker pits and level 18 survivors, while I´m running level 16...

As someone mentioned before...everytime we ask for a correction in game, it gets even worse.

No more fun to play the game when you´re a free player and not maxed out...

By the way...could you please say something on this topic too?

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/11412/ng-what-will-happen-to-the-deadly-mission-rewards#latest
    lmfgunnut
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637

So 1.9 is a big step in the right direction for my experience.

Invader said:

As someone mentioned before...everytime we ask for a correction in game, it gets even worse.

We can never please everyone, so we try to do what's objectively the best for the game.
    LightfeetlmfgunnutMizTy
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    So Gas and XP boosters was objectively the best for the game?
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    It benefits Next Games more than the players. You are charging a fee to fix the games shortcomings. Brilliant for you but now the game is pay to play more than ever. Objectively not the best solution.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    PR0DJInvaderlmfgunnutMizTy
  • KordKord Member Posts: 14
    I think no one is forced to buy anything
    It just helps some (not so fortunate) players and helps improving the game.

I dont understand why people are complaining for something they 're not obliged to do!
    ant[Deleted User]
    Of course you should make money. I have payed you a lot. But to be competitive now you must pay for gas boosters, it's simple as that.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    @eetu I think you should add some more gas and extra "trait" on car level 7 or 8 that says: "-1 gas cost in challenges".
    What do you think?
    theRealBenderLadyAquilaant
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 186
    @eetu two questions, and I hope I don't get slapped on the wrist by the forum police for asking a question that has been answered somewhere I can't find....
    Why am I getting level 19 Legendary gear when I cash in trade goods? I can't do anything with level 19! So I feel I wasted 7500 TG. I normally exchange them for gold crates and thought I would give it a try, sorry that I did.
    Has the overall odds of getting gold crates been lowered? It seems since the update they have been very scarce. (regardless of any any boosters)
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    eetu said:

No
    that's it "NO", No explanation...no transparency...NG and their minions...Hard to believe this is a Disney subsidiary.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    LightfeetInvader
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    It's IMPOSSIBLE (even though others are doing it),

I got NOTHING for running 1000 missions. No XP, no supplies, no gold, no radios, no epic gear...
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited June 2016
    i812many said:

eetu said:

No
    that's it "NO", No explanation...no transparency...NG and their minions...Hard to believe this is a Disney subsidiary.
    Explanation for what? The answer was a clear no and thus it was clear that nothing has been changed. Why should he write a novel when a simple NO is the answer?
    PR0DJeetutheRealBender
    Kord said:

I dont understand why people are complaining for something they 're not obliged to do!

Short answer: Because NG discreases the chances to get good equipment as a not high range player continously...

Before the update there were more gold tickets...inside the goldboxes were more good weapons.

Now you have to earn them by raiding, which is far harder too. No raid without heavy damage...no cure without gold, or for free...which means no fun in gameplay and your loot gets raid in the meanwhile...

Only the gold for daily missions is a small step ahead, while other steps seem to be just from benefit for the higher range players...
    lmfgunnutLightfeet
    Rick_ZK said:

Of course you should make money. I have payed you a lot. But to be competitive now you must pay for gas boosters, it's simple as that.

That´s it...I think I paid enough money on the game to would had own it, if it were buyable in a classic way. Won´t think about how much money they generate since release!
    Lightfeet said:

Why should he write a novel when a simple NO is the answer?

Maybe because a wide range of people (just in the forum) had noticed these changes?

Guess that´s no collective hallucination :wink:
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    This is still a darn good free game for people with limited time, even with free gas l still waste a ton due to work and sleep and my growing list of honey-dos
    Would love to buy the gas deal, but not enough time to get the most out of it, fair play to those who do buy it, no complaints from me
    Ovidmikelggbats
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    Others didn't notice decreased chances and got good rewards. It's only a minority complaining and whining, but by far not a vast majority. Exaggerations don't lead to true facts.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2016
    @eetu I can't believe you used y'all. You would fit in well around my parts.

Anyway some people are just dead set against NG not only making a profit but making money in general. NG employees should feed their families with tomato cans. I'm sure NG isn't beholden to AMC at all. Server farms dont cost anything either to own, lease or maintain.

Some people will continue to complain rewards aren't good enough and gas costs too much for missions and we should get quadruple the gold that we get for $20. I don't know how many people who play this game also work for free so shame on NG and their employees for wanting to live in a home instead of in the woods with a campfire and a string of cans.
    Dodkong
  • PpkPpk Member Posts: 19
    I didnt get the 24h free gas, what i have to do?
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    Ppk said:

I didnt get the 24h free gas, what i have to do?

buy
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 186
    Please don't misconstrue my questions as a negative, I am simply curious. NG has to make a profit or this game will be gone plain and simple. Unfortunately you can not make everyone happy, some you will NEVER make happy.
    @Ppk you have to buy the 24h gas, once you buy it you have a full tank of gas for 24 hours.