Survivor progression changes: Official discussion thread

Comments

• mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    edited June 2016
    yea the cap is gonna really suck for the free ppl & not that much money ppl too imo the cap should be like 200 that way legit ppl can still farm & the " cheaters " cant auto click all day & night anything less than 200 imo is a way of sayin if u dont pay we dont care we want ur money but until they give us more info we wont know anything
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    bumshoe said:

Soft cap means I quit. Enjoy the game all been a good run.

Care to explain exactly how and why?
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Wow, amazing news @Teeceezy @OldGoth @eetu !!!!! I suppose this is the overhaul to the Radio Call system that you guys were saying we'd "really enjoy"....I think you are right!

So many questions.....
    1. What will the 5th trait for Ranged Survivors be?
    2. Will EVERY TRAIT be upgradeable to 5 (currently "Gold") or will Legendary Survivors still have 2x "Gold" Traits (or maybe 3x after update) and 2x "Silver" traits
    3. Is it safe to assume that everyone with the same Training Ground Level will get the same base level Survivors? Example: Everyone with a Level 15 Training Ground will get Legendary Survivors of 5/15, Epic of 7/15, Rare 9/15, Uncommon 11/15, Common 13/15? (or if Training Grounds is Level 5, then LEgendary/Epic/Rare/Uncommon 1/5 and Common 3/5?)

Seems like I'm 5 years old, and my parents just put up the XMAS tree....now the wait and anticipation begins...
    LadyAquilaOvidmikelConan1976PR0DJ
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    eetu said:

The new max level will be the level up to which you can upgrade in the Training Grounds.
    In other words, there are no more per-survivor level caps, there is just a per-player level cap which is the Training Grounds max training level at any one time.

Are you kidding me? -.- So most of my survivors will be downgraded, since they have a max level of 14-15. My training ground allows a maximum of 12 atm. So what you're saying is that you punish players who were not willing to buy gold in order do buy constant building upgrades? It takes time and LOTS of supplies to upgrade the camp, why should I now be punished for not being fast enough?

I think you should leave the max levels when 1.10 comes and only adapt this feature to new survivors from radio pulls.
    MizTy
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I don't think you need to worry about downgrading, @CanadianMike. Your max level across the board will just constantly shift with your training grounds. When you have leveled up to train to 13, then all your survivors will be able to do that, and on up the ladder.
    OneLessTitanTheLostOnesPR0DJFester17
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 80
    null
    This is my situation exactly. I have a lvl9 training ground, and all my survivors (except 1 epic Survivor that I love too much to get rid of) are at lvl10.
    The new system means I can keep my beloved epic bruiser, but I'm just worried that my players are going to be downgraded.
    But, heh! There's no point worrying/complaining until I actually see the changes.
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    edited June 2016

When you have leveled up to train to 13, then all your survivors will be able to do that, and on up the ladder.

That is exactly what I mean. My survivors get downgraded and I have to spend XP to upgrade them again, when I upgrade my training grounds. Or did I misunderstand something, and survivors automatically rise their max level as soon as the training ground is upgraded?
    NoggerJippel
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    There is an unknown amount of time before 1.10 is released. Why not funnel supplies towards upgrading your training grounds, that way you aren't in danger of being level drained. If that would even happen.

Goodness, they make a major announcement that upgrades the quality of the game and there's still a "sky is falling" faction.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    @CanadianMike

The level that they are AT won't change...just the possible level that you can train to.

Let's say you have 2 survivors. One is currently a 12/12 (maxed out) and one is a 12/15. After they update they will essentially not change. You will have two 12/12 survivors. You will not have lost anything that you put into them so far. When you upgrade your training grounds, you will have two 12/13 survivors, then when you upgrade again, they become 13/14, etc. The potential cap grows each time with your training grounds instead of being set with the individual survivor.
    TheLostOnesPR0DJ
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Just a point of clarity for me after trying to absorb all of this , so my level 18/19 legendary warriors will revert back to 18/18 legendary warriors once the update goes live then once I upgrade my training grounds , they will move to 18/19 automatically ?

Or will I have to use tokens to upgrade them back to the 18/19 they already were before update ? That's the one point I'm not clear on ..
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I get what Japes is saying. If the 4th trait of a legendary character becomes unlocked at level 19 and his character Max defaults back to level 18 due to his training grounds level... What happens to that final trait?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Japes87
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Or anyone on that 18/19 survivors. The final trait unlocks at 19 and since these and everyone's survivors who aren't maxed presently, what happens with the traits that aren't unlocked? Before we just had to level out character to unlock them.

If I have a 18/18 legendary the 2nd gold traits already unlocked. If I have an 12/19 legendary the second gold trait is not unlocked. Neither is the first. Would I still need to get to level 19 to unlock them?

If someone's training grounds only allows max 16 characters and you have a max 19 now (assuming first gold unlocks at 17 and second one at 19) yet with the update it will default back to 12/16 when will those gold traits unlock? Or will it be required to use tokens?

Basically does using XP still level a character and now we have to use tokens to unlock the abilities?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    [Deleted User]Japes87
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    What does "Fixed Exploit: XP soft capped per mission" mean?

Sorry if I missed it. .. didn't see where anyone has asked.

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,514
    @SenoiaSurvivor that's the fix for auto farming.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I think people have to remove the notion of 19/19.
    Its not anymore, its not just 19 (or 12/15 is now just 12).
    IF you happen to have collected a survivor that is greater than you training grounds allow, then I would imagine they would stay the same level and not be upgradable until you get the TG upgraded
    PR0DJ

2. Will EVERY TRAIT be upgradeable to 5 (currently "Gold") or will Legendary Survivors still have 2x "Gold" Traits (or maybe 3x after update) and 2x "Silver" traits

This is what I was wondering too.
    I assume not, unless they double the number of possible traits. If there are only 5 traits out there, and you can upgrade them all to 5, then that means everyone is just going to have the exact same survivor after time.
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322

bumshoe said:

Soft cap means I quit. Enjoy the game all been a good run.

Care to explain exactly how and why?
    Of course not everyone will share the same thoughts but farming missions and areas was a big part of how I progressed in the game. While they are making efforts to give more exp they are also closing other doors. I don't feel it if fair or just.

When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    mcbkhicksSenoiaSurvivorTeanutMizTy
  • OliverfelixOliverfelix Member Posts: 64
    Upload some sneakpeeks.
    Perdtin
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,514
    @bumshoe is it possible that instead of making static statements, you wait and see if you feel the same after they implement the update?

I don't disagree that it sucks, and I don't disagree that it's unfair that cheaters will kill the opportunity for legit players to farm for XP. But it's not fair for auto clickers to continue either - something HAS to be done. I think the other changes that have been made and will be made, make up the difference.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    MystiqueShut_Uplmfgunnut
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    One thing regarding the Traits being broken down into more levels. Doing it this way means that the trait will be less effective until it gets to rank 5 for each color.

For example, Bronze Dodge old version is a flat 10%. So how will new version Bronze Dodge ranks 1 through 4 work? 2% per rank maybe? That means there will be less chance to Dodge until rank 5 is attained when compared to the old way

It's nice to be able to level up to Legendary, but survivors won't be as skillful most of the time.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    masmith93 said:

@bumshoe is it possible that instead of making static statements, you wait and see if you feel the same after they implement the update?

I don't disagree that it sucks, and I don't disagree that it's unfair that cheaters will kill the opportunity for legit players to farm for XP. But it's not fair for auto clickers to continue either - something HAS to be done. I think the other changes that have been made and will be made, make up the difference.

I still think Bluestacks should be banned. That will stop the autoclickers
  • tembeltembel Member Posts: 132

For TL;DR = damn good changes. a little late...

and as always there is a "point" for someone like me to whine.

i retired 4 or 5 of my old epic and legendary 18/18 survivors in last month to make money (EXP) for training max 19's to their max cos as everyone i was expecting an update and i have to be ready for it.

and now u r saying that (despite my foresight) i've spent a month for nothing ? and over that i lost some of my greatest survivors.

ofc i did it with my own "free will" and ofc every good change in this game comes with some bad sides but im kinda pissed off right now. im playing this game almost since the begining (2015 november 15th) and almost every month i paid some cash to buy gold or some bundle stuff, it helped me but it also helped NG to improve the game quailty.

and not like my expectations u guys letting me down even with the money i paid for u to improve the game / for me to enjoy the game.

i remember some words from @OldGoth 's response about "removal of deadly missions" and somewhere in it there is a saying ; it just wasnt worth it. (forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/90540/#Comment_90540). i think it was about the time they spent on complaints and also about the refunds they make. this situation is kinda like that one.

i dont need any refunds or smthn like that but i'd like to see my old survivors back in my team. there is no "or else.." in this comment. i like this game and probably im gonna play for a long time from now but this was just a frustration to me.

Play to Slay. Slay to live yet one more day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    @Teeceezy and @eetu aplogise if this has already been asked, but I can't go through 6 pages of comments today to if it was.

Will we be able to still find/pull a legendary from a radio call? I hope the odds for this won't be changed.

Anyway, this looks fantastic. I remember this being hinted at long ago.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited June 2016

Wow, amazing news @Teeceezy @OldGoth @eetu !!!!! I suppose this is the overhaul to the Radio Call system that you guys were saying we'd "really enjoy"....I think you are right!

So many questions.....
    1. What will the 5th trait for Ranged Survivors be?
    3. Is it safe to assume that everyone with the same Training Ground Level will get the same base level Survivors? Example: Everyone with a Level 15 Training Ground will get Legendary Survivors of 5/15, Epic of 7/15, Rare 9/15, Uncommon 11/15, Common 13/15? (or if Training Grounds is Level 5, then LEgendary/Epic/Rare/Uncommon 1/5 and Common 3/5?)

Seems like I'm 5 years old, and my parents just put up the XMAS tree....now the wait and anticipation begins...

I'm going to start a conversation with myself...insanity has officially set in.

(Edit: maybe the answer to #1 is that there will still only be 4 traits for ranged survivors?? Perhaps this could be a semi-buff to the melee classes?)

My guess is that the answer to #3 will be "No." I can only guess that because otherwise the Radio Tent will be completely useless. If we can still get higher level survivors based on our radio tent level, this will just serve to reduce the XP needed to level up Survivors...thus the Radio Tent will be a way to turn food into XP, in an indirect way.

(Edit #2: Never mind, reread the entire thread and got clarity on the situation...question removed!)
    (Edit #3: And now it's been clarified. Thank you staff!!! You guys are rocking it today! Can't wait for more details.)
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @SlayerSect

Yes you'll still be able to pull legendary survivors from the radio calls...the radio call process as far as making calls and what you can get is not changing...it's only changing after that point
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • TheMajorTheMajor Member Posts: 6
    Could you please let me know if deadly missions will come back? Really want to get to the 500 mission mark... Thanks, plus I use it to kill off old survivors, I realise now we will be able to upgrade them further but still want to kill some off. I think at least one deadly mission should be available at all times. Maybe on the weekly missions? Thanks
    PR0DJ
This discussion has been closed.