In Game Advertising

Why was there a change? @Teeceezy

We used to be able to view in game video advertisements in exchange for three more crate unlocks at the end of a mission approximately 9 times per day. Now it's down to about 3 times per day. Quite a nerf when you consider this in combination with the removal of deadly mission rewards.

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    9 times a day? I've always gotten 3 on ios... maybe 4 if I was lucky.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    i haven't experienced a drop in the crate unlocks, they seem normal to me.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Same for me too
    Back from 2016 :p
  • Tony1Tony1 Member Posts: 12
    I know what you mean. I used to be able to watch 4 after-mission videos every 6 hours like clockwork (3 chunks of videos a day if getting enough sleep). The same for the cinema on the world map, 4 videos every 6 hours. It has been changed recently, but I don't know quite how.
  • _wendy__wendy_ Member Posts: 171
    I'm still getting the same amount of videos as before
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    seems less than before...
    Perhaps videos have been glitchy just for me, and maybe others, for the past several days.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    My videos after Missions seem to be the same, but I have noticed them less frequently from the Cinema....but the Cinema has always been a little glitchy, and sometimes you need to keep going back to the World Map to activate the Cinema. I play on iOS.
    masmith93
    edited June 2016
    @OneLessTitan My cinema has been off the last week or so, iOS as well.
    OneLessTitan
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    personlll said:

We used to be able to view in game video advertisements in exchange for three more crate unlocks at the end of a mission approximately 9 times per day. Now it's down to about 3 times per day. Quite a nerf when you consider this in combination with the removal of deadly mission rewards.

there is additional update on android that fixes this issue, I believe.
    Check it out.
  • personlllpersonlll Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2016
    I'm on iOS.

I have always had the occasional video that won't load.
    PR0DJ said:

personlll said:

there is additional update on android that fixes this issue, I believe.
    Check it out.
    I downloaded that update right after they announced it. My issue is new.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,327
    @all what region are you in that are experiencing this problem?
    edited June 2016
    @zbot USA
    This morning, for instance, I was well past the 6 hr mark for the cinema, but only one video was available. Yesterday after 7 hours, no videos were available. The day before, I got two videos after 8 hours and then nothing.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @zbot

I don't really care about the cinema so I wasn't even going to bother...but if this info helps others it's worthwhile

My cinema is not working properly as well...I'm near Birmingham, AL on an iPhone 6s (fully updated)...I might get 5-6 videos per day total and the timing is off...I might get one and then another one hours later...worked fine for months up until a week or so ago if I had to guess

I verified with my brother though that his is working properly...he is near Chicago, IL on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (fully updated)...he gets his usually between 9-10am and then on 6 hour intervals (provided he checks)...and he said he is getting all 4 each time
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    @SlickRick , the reason I ask is that I found out a while back that the videos are dependent on region. Also if you can identify the video that doesn't work, that's causing the issue, you can download the said game and you won't see the ads for that game anymore. This was what worked for me back in the days. I don't know if this is true now but that's what I was able to gather from the forum.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @zbot

I should have clarified...with mine the videos play fine when I get them...no issues there...it's that they're not being delivered in the time frames they were before...I used to get 12 a day (4 every 6 hours) and now I may get 5-6 on a good day

Hope that helps!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    masmith93
  • personlllpersonlll Member Posts: 79
    I'm in Kansas, USA

Videos not loading is a rare occirance, maybe a couple times a week.

The reduction in the number of advertisements available occurred about a week or two ago.
    Ok this is what I found from the archives.
  • FurginatorFurginator Member Posts: 97
    @zbot

Thank you for clarification on the video region. Im in seoul korea and experienced a variation after the new upgrade. Can you share the formula for my country as I still feel like the video schedules are different than before the update. Please and thank you!