What do you think the New Traits will be?

@OldGoth said we'd be getting new traits with the new update. I don't know if this means we will only get new Survivor Traits, or both Survivor and Equipment Traits.

For the purposes of this hypothetical discussion, what do YOU think the new Survivor Traits will be?

As for me, I can only think of a few potential Traits, all for ranged weapon Survivors.
1. Accuracy - this would decrease the number of body shots to walkers at closer distances, especially to walkers of 3+ levels above our Survivors.
2. Range - maybe the reduction in range of hunters was a precursor to a new Trait? This could be a new weapon trait (for Hunters and/or Asssaults), but it would also be cool to see a survivor trait where grid cells were added to their base shot distance.
3. Silencer - again, this could be a new weapon trait, or maybe it could be a Survivor Trait where certain Survivors have the ability to shoot and not attract new walkers...maybe with a reduction in shot distance

...and maybe we could see Interrupt added as a Survivor Trait? Though that wouldn't be as exciting or sexy.

theRealBender

Comments

• Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    *Cover* - as a survivor trait , one survivor takes a hit for a comrade who is lower hp or not as dodgy or whatever .. could use 1 ap and have a circle range like Bruiser area stun

*Stealth* - maybe half distance possible move but able to walk right past close walkers undetected

Would love both of those , but obviously silencer on weapon would be the G.O.A.T.
    (Especially on crossbow)
    OneLessTitan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Double Damage
    Silent Attack
    OneLessTitan
    Knock Back
    OneLessTitan
    Invisibility
    OneLessTitan
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 166
    OldGoth stated they are only working on survivors this update.
    The new traits will be traits that have been same since game originally released. New traits are additional one when you upgrade your survivor from one grade to next, Eg epic to legendary you would get a 4th trait.
    I believe rare to epic would increase a trait not an additional as rare is5/5/10 and epic is 10/10/15.
    Remember they are from Finland and their grasp of English or translations " are somewhat open to interpretation."
    The original statement about update made by Teeceezy was edited in less than 24 hrs as one sentence made a statement that was not what was intended to be inferred. Translation has caused issues in the past as to what NG has meant, but was not properly conveyed and hence players become upset.
    @OneLessTitan my apologies, I saw an earlier brief comment from OldGoth and he stated survivors only and didn't confirm"new" traits.
    I'm happy to be wrong if they actually get it right with new traits, and don't discontinue traits currently available.
    Boruto
    so do you think that you have to give up a trait when you get a new one? Or will you be able to have more than 4?
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    I don't know what it would be called, but what about a trait that's similar to dodge but allows the survivor to avoid a ranged weapon attack?
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    I don't have a clue what will be new traits, but a totally like @OneLessTitan 's Accuracy .
    And...
    @TheLostOnes I think I we can't have actual dodge from ranged attack unless we are in The Matrix now. But I vote for Bulletproof that reducing some % on ranged attack that varies with level of trait, like 10/20/30/40/50% or so.
    zosonOneLessTitanJenng
  • @PR0DJ I'll take two bulletproof traits please. I like your thinking.
    PR0DJJenngjester
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @Grinch the update thread has all the answers to your questions. This thread is for wild speculation.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

jester
  • LonesLones Member Posts: 112
    I like it if somewhere in the next update they make some kind of Skills/Traits tree for every survivor classes where we can choose which trait/skill for our survivors to develop them, after all we can/will finally keep our chosen survivor to be upgraded with the tokens right? So why would we keep the survivor if they have random traits after the upgrade that we dont like/need?.
  • Or a drunk trait like Bob started out as. Your survivor every so randomly starts shooting everything and anything.
    PerdtinOneLessTitan
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523

Favorite traits:
    Luck
    Dodge
    Retailiate
    Is anyone particularly attached to strong and iron skin? All I know is one of my epic hunters needs dodge and I'm hoping she gets it with the upgrade.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    NCDawgFanJenngSmittY
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited June 2016
    masmith93 said:

All I know is one of my epic hunters needs dodge and I'm hoping she gets it with the upgrade.

That is exactly my hopes about my legendary warrior.
    masmith93
  • NehivaNehiva Member Posts: 20
    I think silent attack could be reserved for a new class of survivor (they will create some eventually). A Daryl like survivor, one shot, silently, with the special feature being a shot that hits a few walkers in a row :)
    corpseridder35
  • NehivaNehiva Member Posts: 20
    @masmith93 Ironskin seems preety interesting for my bruisers defending the outpost. Seems, but I really don't know. But that would take us to a new thread, replays from the attacks on our outposts xD
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Maybe a "Mastery" trait that gives you a chance to charge your weapon on any hit.
    Back from 2016 :p
    masmith93OneLessTitanPR0DJ
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    @Nehiva I couldn't tell you, I'm on strike from outposts. :)
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682
    edited June 2016
    Sniper. Increases range of Hunters, Assaults, and Shooters by an additional 2 grid squares, or it decreases "body shots" by 15%, 10%, etc.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

OneLessTitan
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    Scout trait: Attack and run away, far away.
    masmith93CerealKillerOneLessTitanslappyAndyMenshel
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Sounds like several of these traits are weapon related, rather than survivor related.
    CerealKiller
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Nehiva said:

I think silent attack could be reserved for a new class of survivor (they will create some eventually). A Daryl like survivor, one shot, silently, with the special feature being a shot that hits a few walkers in a row :)

There would need to be a limitation on this, otherwise 3 of these survivors could do a lot of damage and you dont have to worry about a lot of walkers appearing.
    Maybe they would have very low damage, or a higer body shot chance.
    Nehiva[Deleted User]
    @blynknz

I like your ideas here some more brainstorming...maybe they lose a half turn (or possibly a whole turn) after taking a shot because they would need to retrieve the arrows afterwards like Darryl.

@Nehiva

Also Darryl's crossbow has been debated in other threads and so far (as far as the game is concerned) it is not a silent combat weapon because sound waves are associated with it when he uses it and the spawn count increases in the spawn count tray near the bottom of the screen after it is used also. I agree with you though I think it should be treated as a silent weapon that doesn't draw more walkers because that's the way it is used in the show.

Nehiva