Body Shot probability- Did ver 1.5 increase it for all survivors?

@Teeceezy @OldGoth @TK-421
I don't expect you'll post comprehensive list of code changes cplt for ver 1.5 but:

Can you confirm if you increased the probability of 'body shots' occurring across the board?
* you've got this example of bruiser not stunning walker - both same level
http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/1618/bruisers-no-longer-autostun#latest

* I've just run into this with Hunter/ Warrior as well- 4 times in first mission since upgrade. Both standing next to a regular walker (same lvl), survivors have much higher attack points. And each resulted in a 'body shot' and didn't kill walker. I've never experienced or heard of this happening...

Comments

• ConnConn Member Posts: 138
    I also feel like my survivors do a lot more "body shots".

I just cant comprehend why you would release an update like this with changes to the bruiser and maybe even to "body shot" MIDST challenge.
    People who used gold to complete it early, have gotten a lead over us who didnt.
    Groupme Info:
    Name: Ralph (Conn)
    Email: [email protected]
    Jen
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    Good to know it isn't just me. I've noticed way more body shots from zombies of same level as my survivors. Something definitely changed to the body shot probability, since the update was released.
    Jen
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    same results here.
    many more walkers not dying and surviving hits, many more injuries to my survivors that would never have happened before the update.

overall it seems like a huge nerf update, especially on assault and bruisers, but all classes are feeling the pain!
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    Felecia
  • NobMatteoNobMatteo Member Posts: 28
    Noticed by myself before getting to the forums... ridiculous amount if body shots by any class today. Regardless of levels!

This way the three stars challenge is more of a luck thing rather than strategy and planning... hunters lv.10 not killing walkers lv. 12 because of body shot? C'mon...
    Felecia
  • SdotSdot Member Posts: 33
    This is bull$@#! Somebody tweet Darryl I'm sure he would not approve!!
    Felecia
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,506
    Same here, because of the bodyshots. The challenges seem "harder."
  • Flint007Flint007 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2016
    And I'll just add that from my end- I'm 100% in agreement with making the game more challenging. But maybe in a way that makes more sense for 'body shots' and not in the middle of challenge
    Nerdgasm
    edited January 2016
    - So maybe increase the probability of a 'body shot' the further away your survivors are from walkers (would mainly impact ranged survivors)
    - But not if you're literally next to the walker
    - And I would think survivor attack points + level should factor in there as well

I don't know- i'm just brainstorming a bit to see if there's a better way to increase level of difficulty on body shots (assuming that's what you all were going for in the first place)
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    It's a body shot even with the gun shoved down the zombies throat.
    Felecia
    TUCO
    @Felecia that's awesome!
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Thing is this change has just created a hard wall that once reached you cannot pass.

Ranged vs +3/4 walkers not viable as they take to many shots so when the respawn happens your swamped.

Melee vs +3/4 walkers not viable as unless you ones not them your survivor is taken down next turn.

Bruisers offered the only tactic and it still required a bit of strategy to negotiate levles but that's gone now.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    TexasGrimReaper
    edited January 2016
    :'(
    Felecia
    TUCO[Deleted User]
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Who the hell said he got bored killing easy to kill zombies? Now his wish comes true!

edited January 2016
    :|
    Felecia
    biggz
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    The devs thoughts: Increase chance for body shots = more failed missions = more retries = more gas sold. The players thoughts: I'm just really pissed and angry at Next Games right now.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    biggzTexasGrimReaper
    So I just finished my first version 1.5 Episode 7.4 farming session with my two lv 13 hunters and one lv 13 shooter. I was on the hard mode for this episode which meant lv 11 and 12 zombies.

For the two hours of farming, I was getting 50% body shots throughout the session. This clearly proves that the body shot rules have changed with the new update.

I just wish NG would actually document these changes and not leave us guessing on what they did with the "tweaks" and "bug fixes".
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    As I mentioned in another thread, I can imagine it to be REALLY tempting for NGs developers to fiddle with the various parameters of the game.

Let's look at two ways how this could be done:
    1) - make a meaningful change that adds to the player's experience
    - communicate the change in advance, possibly even have the players vote on the change

2) - make the change, 'because you can'
    - do not add anything to the game, but take something away players are relying on, planning with
    - make the change mid-challenge, no communication, player's have to find it out the hardway.

Guess which one gets picked every single time, with every update?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Just a guess out of the blue. Before the update, Most players find the bruiser useless. The devs might also think the same. So they probably want to replace the bruiser with a new class type. But the problem is, many players already like the bruiser for its 100% stun trait. So they cant just take out the bruiser. For them to replace the bruiser, they need to make it first useless for everyone. And so now, they made this.. just my guess though..

Jen
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    I also noticed a huge increase in body vs walker at my level or within 2 lv.
    This change is wrong, and unannounced, they kind that will cost you many paying players like myself.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    The only change to body shots in 1.5 is the Bruisers now having a body shot probability, which means no stunning if you get a body shot.

Other classes have not been touched.
    TUCOElkador
    edited January 2016
    @OldGoth Understood. If this is indeed the case, then you inadvertently introduced a bug in this update when you nerfed the bruisers. Please investigate this and fix it ASAP. Thanks.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    But we can not all be wrong, lot more body shots now, I don't use bruisers, I only fight walkers 0-2 more level than me.
    Elkador
  • ElkadorElkador Member, Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 81
    OldGoth said:

The only change to body shots in 1.5 is the Bruisers now having a body shot probability, which means no stunning if you get a body shot.

The problem is, that at higher walkers my bruisers ONLY make bodyshots, so EVERY strike is NON-Stunning. This should be fixed.
    Same problem with hunters against higher walkers. Most shots seem to be bodyshots.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    @OldGoth
    Body shots are indeed increased acoss the board, even for onlvl and below walkers. This is a thing, not just bruiser QQ.

Please look into it for us.

Thanks.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I have noticed a noticeable uptick of body shots for my hunters and shooter with walkers at or near my level as well
    Jen
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed this. I think the developers need to investigate this to make sure they didn't leave out some logic.

That said, why nerf the bruisers. Now they are even more useless.
    I like Zombies!
  • EvenkarEvenkar Member Posts: 3
    Right now my lvl15 hunter did body shot against lvl 6 tank zombie. What does it mean?
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,064
    OldGoth said:

Classic case of denial by the developers. Bruiser was weak before the update ( the only positive was it's stun) and now it's the weakest. Previously my hunters and shooters were going for kills and now the percentage of body shots has gone up
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    I bring my 3 hunters along for most missions (2 Epic & 1 Legendary, all level 13) and I too noticed an increase in body shots. My legendary hunter, supposedly dealing the most damage, could only manage body shots at point blank range when I was faced with normal level 13 walkers. It just didn't make any sense to me..

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Cml
This discussion has been closed.