Optimal Number of Survivors

Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
How many survivors do you have in your camp?

What is the optimal number of survivors so you balance number of survivors with other XP uses like upgrading equipment etc. in an ideal world, we would have lots of survivors.

Optimal Number of Survivors 67 votes

5-10
5%
CellguynultschEL34xyzgliwice 4 votes
10-15
11%
Neil_JepretNailSvyMauditjt41TinhDeewesSlowMo 8 votes
15-20
35%
ratongabriel_lwhRustyOrcLadyAquilaJohnbertPimpOfTheDeadmasmith93ronatronBryan18ZombieHunterNCDawgFanOvidmikelJenngFester17kenjinenjinkstarjimmydawiseLgrattGMrazzBowChickaWow 24 votes
20-25
19%
SmittYGovernatorDaleSipher07luv2wanderSTODSYboekeAthorieneuchidTheCrabgoonman76Da_Dao_MedveDBigFellaSteve 13 votes
25-30
16%
sanchezi910DeadBeatmanicornBuckzzJapes87PapacasReeconnFurginatorDLichWendigoRobertwebb745 11 votes
30+
10%
spartan912OneLessTitantheRealBenderGODisFakeBorutoSpacemanSpiffeb23 7 votes

Comments

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    15-20
    I like 3 of each, plus a couple extra of my favorites. I don't have fully upgraded equipment for all my survivors. The B team inherits from the A team when I move up a level or get better equipment. Plus, I will rotate it when my best team is injured.
    Jenng[Deleted User]Robertwebb745
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    15-20
    I have 17 survivors on my crew, 10 of which get used regularly. 3 stay in my Outpost and the other 4 just watch.
    Jenng[Deleted User]
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    15-20
    Ideally, 3 survivors from each of the 6 classes in order to optimize chances of pulling bonus quests pertaining to each survivor class. (e.g Use all Hunter team, Use all Assault team etc)

Maybe add 2 more to the 18 above when you happen to pull decent survivors from using radio calls or if you don't want to retire certain survivors due to sentiment reasons :smile:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Jenng[Deleted User]
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    15-20
    16 survivors total
    5 legendary, 11 epic.
    I try to level all evenly. Starting with my favorites first. Right now I'm working on getting them all leveled to 16. Equipment I try to level up evenly also but focus on leveling the best equipment for my main teams.
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    30+
    Currently, I have 30 survivors out of 40 slots. It's better for me to have more than 30 survivors so I can mix and match for any kind of missions.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    10-15
    A team, B team, C team, Outpost defenders and a couple of spares for raiding 'accidents'.
    I have 14 survivors, all at L18.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Jenng
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    edited June 2016
    I have too many @20 but I like keeping 3 each for quests. I have a legendary A team and an epic B team but constantly rotate them in & out of my outposts.
    I have 2 very low lvl epic shooters with great potential but they're not getting my much needed XP when I have so many others ahead of them.
    I don't need 3 great survivors in each class but I would at least like to have the best of each class leveled as high as they can go.
    I have a legendary scout who wishes she got XP thrown her way but I'm currently letting my bruiser spend whatever isn't used on gear.
    Again I have more than I'll need but better than having not enough.
    I didn't answer the poll question because I don't believe there is a perfect amount and I like everyone above's answer.
    eb23
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    30+
    I only have 16 survivors out of my 18 slots. But, I plan to buy more slots during the next Radio event. Ideally, I'd have 3x Bruiser/Scout/Warrior for the bonus challenge Quests, plus as many Epic/Legendary Hunters/Shooters/Assaults as I can get my hands on so if I want to Raid Outposts, I can do so for as long as possible without having to spend Gold on Hospital Bills. If all my ranged guys get hurt, I can always use the melees on exploration missions.
  • runner777runner777 Member Posts: 10
    im level 29 and cant get legendary fighter what do i need to do to get one ?
    maggiemoo
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @runner777

pray with your head towards the radio tent three times a day minimum
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    OvidmikelBlack_Jack
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    15-20
    Lol! @Conan1976
    Also cross fingers and toes, close your eyes, and hold your breath. :smile:
    Conan1976[Deleted User]
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    edited June 2016
    12 atm. I guess 2 more will join. Camp is a bit messy right now. Got four hunters two maxed at 18, two maxed at 17 with awesome traits. So glad I didnt retire them recently!

That amount fits good to my xp income. I changed challenge play to going for two missions everytime they are available and play them at high level early in challenge. If A-Team is in hospital from that I still have B and C Team to do the low lv missions. Works great for me!

12 would be far to few to do missions in the end of challenge when it comes to 50+ stars in all missions. To much hospital time.
    Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
    Jenng
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    10-15
    Of course, the more survivors you have, the more xp you'll need to upgrade them and sufficient equipment for them.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Jenng
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,408
    20-25
    I agree with the majority having at least 3 per class for the special missions/quests. It doesn't hurt to have another couple of survivors of your favorite class to swap in when your A-Team gets any injury. I have 24 slots, with two empty. I don't see ever going past that unless there's a bundle that gives a free slot.
    Jenng[Deleted User]
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    20-25
    3 scouts yuck. waste of xp to upgrade
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    5-10
    Hard to say.
    I guess in reality I only need a A team, a B team and 3 for my outpost.

But I have been collecting them on the new radio tower pulls
    I have 14 currently and will retire some of those when 1.10 comes out so I get some tokens
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2016
    25-30
    Ideally my Dream Team of survivors and what I am working toward and will ultimately happen one day (5 years from now) is the following (all legendary of course):

1 Scout: Just 1 is all you really need for specialty missions and if I have everyone else in the hospital. OR if I just want a challenge and use him just for fun.

3 Bruisers: Why??? I like doing outpost missions and they are great to put in your outpost for defense and to use when attacking. 3 so you are able to have a deeper bench.

6 Hunters: Imagine 6 Legendary Hunters! Now that's a deep bench! Never have to worry about Hunters in your hospital recovering.

3 Warriors: I love my warriors and 3 is probably nice to have. Only use 1 per mission and having another 2 for your B and C team is nice.

5 Shooters: Shooters are great and I sometimes use 2 at once so having a few more for Team B and C is a good thing.

6 Assault: Assaults are universal and can be used anytime. I like to have 1 in my Outpost and use them for basically anything. So having 5 as a goal is about right.

So if you add that up it's 24 Survivors. I have 28 slots so I have plenty of room. So in about 5 years I'm expecting to have this many of each class all legendary. #lifegoals
    Jenng[Deleted User]
  • @manicorn you're clearly underachieving if it takes you 5 years what I can do in a little over 3
    SlickRick[Deleted User]
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2016
    25-30
    @bgbelden

Well, I'm at 4 legendary in 6 months. That's 8 legendary a year... so 3 years 24 legendary!!!

So 3 years!!! Oh wait... forgot about the update! So maybe 2 years to all legendary.

Oh no! But survivors are random... so I won't get equal survivors from each class, so I could end up with 24 bruisers and scouts over the next 2 years... my head hurts, let me get out the big white board and run some equations...
  • @manicorn I'm at 4 legendary since day one. So you're ahead of me. Wait, does my scout even count? Ugh, that puts me at 3 "useful" legandary's since day one.
    manicorn
  • CellguyCellguy Member Posts: 53
    5-10
    I must be the exception. I keep 3 low level ones for my outpost (couldn't care less about the outposts). I have my primary team 1 hunter and 2 assault (all level 18) and my backup team, 2 hunters and another assault all level 17. Don't bother with any of the melee characters as I never like to get that close to a walker. So, only 9. Anything more seems like a waste.
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    15-20
    I have 1 leg hunter 3 epic hunters 8 rare hunters(saved for tokens ) 3 epic assaults 3 epic bruisers 2 epic shooters and 1 leg 3 leg warriors ZERO SCOUTS lol after I trade in my rare hunters for tokens I'll have 8 empty slots I'll probably not use unless I pull a legendary survivor of any class because I'll be trading in for tokens
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    3 of each class, makes 18 and then 3 outpost guards as extra is all survivors you need in my opinion.
  • NailSvyNailSvy Member Posts: 33
    10-15
    I have 12.
    1 scout I ignore (I wish NG would just drop them)
    3 hunters (LOVE them all)
    3 Warriors (only use 2)
    1 Bruiser (Very effective)
    2 Assaults
    -1 of which is the only Leg on my whole team... I've been playing since day ONE I'm L51..which I think sucks, but whatever)
    2 Shooters
    I've had more- too much XP to upgrade, I didn't use them. (If I pull a scout, I retire immediately... I don't know why I kept this one)
    Illbrainer
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    25-30
    I have 26 (9 Legendary & 17 Epics) all levelled up to 18.

6 Assaults (2 Leg)
    4 Scouts (don't ask why) (2 Leg)
    4 Warriors (2 Leg)
    4 Bruisers (1 Leg)
    4 Hunters
    4 Shooters (2 Leg)

I obviously have way too much time on my hands. Lol.
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    manicorn
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    15-20
    @Cellguy how do you handle high level armored walkers with no warriors? Ranged survivors, even level 18, are pretty well useless against higher level armored walkers.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    5-10
    I'd have to change my vote to 18 srvrs.
    3 each of the 6 classes
    So you can do the quest that have 3 of each class bonuses
    manicorn
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    20-25
    I need more survivors. One of them has to spend a long time in the hospital each time I deliberately lose a raid.