Noob needs a reminder

2»

Comments

• GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    SlickRick said:

@Gonkistan

I didn't say you get more quests...I said you get better choices

Better choices, comes down to what class you like. If you only have the class you like, every quest is a "good one"
    NCDawgFan
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Gonkistan

I agree...but if you're not scared to use scouts and bruisers and have at least 3 of each class that is 2 additional quest options (All-Scout and All-Bruiser) that you have the option of getting that someone with zero to two scouts or bruisers will not get a chance at

I'm not saying I love scouts and bruisers...has nothing to do with my original statement
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    lmfgunnut
    Personally, I have 3 of each class so I get every quest. If I don't like it for where I'm at with the challenge, I delete it.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    The use of "better choices" is quite subjective, but I understand where @SlickRick is coming from. So you get the "Use 3x Scout/Bruiser" quest, assuming you have three of them. Knock out that quest in the first round of challenges. Get yourself, and your guild, an extra three stars. What's wrong with that?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    SlickRickOvidmikel[Deleted User]
    @Dodkong

Yeah you're on it...and you don't have to do them in the first round per se...I've used All-Bruiser I think up to level 16-17ish and All-Scout I think up to level 13-14ish...depends on the challenge and map of course.

And a lot of times outside of my quests I'll use scouts and bruisers at the lower levels of the challenges...if only for the fun of mixing it up a bit...the lower levels are so redundant I try to create my own amusement when doing them :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    DoTaklmfgunnut
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Gonkistan said:

Personally, I have 3 of each class so I get every quest. If I don't like it for where I'm at with the challenge, I delete it.

I'm assuming you're referring to the "Use 3x class" quests when you say that you delete it if you don't like it for where you're at?

If that's the case, why don't you hold it for the next challenge? I've had the Bruiser and Warrior one pop up when I'm at a point that they'd have issues. I held it till the next week and knocked it out early.

@SlickRick My melee classes lack for levels and gear, so I only break them out for early quests, the better to maximize my gas and time usage rather than losing a star here and there. My guild is no requirement, but it irks me to leave stars out there, especially when I miss my personal goal by one or two and have to run another mission to make up for it. Just a personality flaw. ;)
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    SlickRick
    @Dodkong

Yeah when people see my scouts and bruisers they usually just laugh and say "Why?" and then start crying out of pity...and I hear you on the star thing...I think most of us are like that :)

I just like to play my own way I guess...there's already a lot of cookie-cutter stuff and monotony in the game...and since there's no winner you might as well have fun or else what's the point...at least that's how I see it in my mind...maybe I have a personality flaw too :wink:
    lmfgunnutLadyAquilaOvidmikel
  • NemesiNemesi Member Posts: 17
    So here is where I think I've been blowing it. I didn't know I could have more than one of each class playing at once! I have two shooters now but had no idea I could play them together! Sweet!

As for food and supplies, I'm sure I bought the earlier supply bundles so I will be looking out for the one that comes up later. Does anyone remember when it comes up? What is the min level my storage should be before using this later one? By the way, are level 18 players the cap? Is 18 also the cap on storage, farms, etc. Thanks again!
    edited June 2016
    Oh and a question about weapons. One of you mentioned that it's not as much about whether it's legendary vs rare but more about the traits. So let me ask you about this specific issue then. Early on, I bought the sweet revenge and its base damage is 56. More recently, I came across a rare "Old 9mm" with 86 base damage, increase crit damage by 20%, does 10% more damage and then lastly luck by 10%. Which would you carry? In case you forgot , The sweet revenge has: 1) crit damage 40%, 3 grid cells, 100% interrupt. In this case the sweet revenge is also the legendary but my point is that the 9mm does 86 vs the 56 of the sweet revenge. Is the base damage a factor?
    edited June 2016
    @Nemesi

Yes base damage does factor...but traits are important as well...best to try and find a good balance.

IMO Luck is the best overall trait in the game because it stacks on anything with a "chance" like dodge and crit chance for example...for pistols my favorite traits are Extended Range, Luck, Interrupt, and Crit Chance in that order

Have you upgraded either one at all yet? And if you can post pics of both that might help :)
    @Nemesi

And regarding your earlier question about those bundles...each one should appear shortly after you've bought a previous one...once the last one is bought you will only get radio bundle offers and special bundles like they're doing this week

And yes the current cap on survivors is 18...that will increase to 19 with the next update in a few weeks

Also you might want to check this site out...has a bunch of good info about the game: http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_No_Man's_Land_Wikia
    @SlickRick

Here are the images of the two different guns:

@Nemesi

That's a tough one because of the wide disparity in levels between the guns...and you will also get better guns soon I'm guessing...maybe do both if you have the XP considering you'll also get XP back down the road whenever you scrap them (best to do those with the XP booster fyi if you can)...but I would probably go for Sweet Revenge if only because of the 3 extra grid and full interrupt and it can bridge the gap until you get better ones later
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Gonkistan said:

SlickRick said:

@Ovidmikel

I use scouts and bruisers more than most...plus having 3 of each gives you more chances at better quest options...why narrow your options for no reason

You get the same number of quests.

I reckon if you only had 9x assaults, all your quests would be "use all assaults"
    According to some players, they get quests for using survivors they don't have.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @Nemesi I like the second one....it's smexy sparkly and will look good in your collection :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @Gonkistan the odds are in your favor when you have 3 of every class.

6 class specific quests available 3 stars
    2 type specific quests available 3 stars
    1 kill 5 walkers with 1 attack 2 stars
    1 avoid struggle 0 star
    1 get challenge stars 0 star
    1 complete exploration missions 0 star
    1 complete story missions 0 star
    1 kill no walkers 0 star (or is this one 1 star?)

There may be another that I've forgotten, but this is plenty to demonstrate.

14 possible quests and I only want quests with stars that means 7 of 14 I will find good. That gives me a 50/50 chance of a good quest. If I don't have 3 of two different classes (scout and bruiser) I now have 5 of 12 that are good so only a 41% chance to get a good quest.

This is based on not being able to get a quest you don't have the survivors for. If I'm off on that and you can still get the use 3 scouts quest when you only have 1 or 2...the odds get worse 5 of 14 or less than 36%.

Math is everything here.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnesDLich
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @tammy you are totally insane lmao. I TOTALLY LIKE YOU LOL
    tammy
    lmfgunnut said:

@Gonkistan the odds are in your favor when you have 3 of every class.

Math is everything here.

OK we have different definitions of a "good quest"
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @Ovidmikel what's not to like....

I am insanity's temptress :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    MizTy
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I can resist anything except temptation!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    tammy
    Dodkong said:

Gonkistan said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the "Use 3x class" quests when you say that you delete it if you don't like it for where you're at?

If that's the case, why don't you hold it for the next challenge? I've had the Bruiser and Warrior one pop up when I'm at a point that they'd have issues. I held it till the next week and knocked it out early.

Because if I delete it, it gets replaced right now.

That's all.