Survivor progression changes: Official discussion thread

Comments

• MatrixMatrix Member Posts: 12
    I kind of do like this new change but I king of don't. I like the idea you can improve all your survivors but if we are trying to make a realistic game not everyone can be superman. We should make it more representative of reality. IMO but I will enjoy it no matter what.
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Are they still considering the soft cap as a viable update/patch?
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • wolfstewwolfstew Member Posts: 14
    We will see hope it's soon
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @bumshoe yes, legit players can earn 29k xp from each level in walker kills (by killing 100) and cheaters can do the same.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• nappydnappyd Member Posts: 1
    i would like to see legendary survivors take on a secondary class, and carry two weapons on a hunt.
    _wendy_
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    @blynknz

Nope, you will only be able to pull commons.
    Now go back and read the last 6 pages like the rest of us
    :lol:

lol

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    theRealBenderPR0DJ
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    lmfgunnut said:

@bumshoe yes, legit players can earn 29k xp from each level in walker kills (by killing 100) and cheaters can do the same.

Cheaters? Like those doing same thing over and over is the definition of cheating? Guess we all constantly cheat on challenge missions.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,380
    Please no discussion or mention of cheating.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited June 2016
    @[email protected]
    No, I wasn't talking about radio pulls. I was talking about our current survivors ;)
  • fistonltdfistonltd Member Posts: 149
    I get punished now because i got rid of all my fully trained lvl 17 and 18 survivors with great traits (all unlocked!) too make place for x/19 survivors. (With still 1 unlocked trait) Where i will need tokens now to unlock lesser traits than i had before with my retired ones.. Just because i was thinking bout the future..
    I'm lvling up most of my survivors now, while i still can, because otherwise i'll have to use tokens instead.
    But sinse i accepted only minimum epic lvl x/19s the last time, i will have to spend an extra token. where if i would have kept my fully trained ones i could have just unlocked the extra trait after lvling to lvl19. now it will be 2 extra traits to unlock with tokens before i can turn my epics into legends..
    I imagine sick amounts of tokens to actually get there if its in the same line as we can earn/spend xp..
    But we will see how this works, before i shoot it..
    The announcement came one week too late.. The retierements where already done:(
    Bummer.
    MizTy
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but can we earn tokens by retiring our current survivors please ?
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    @limeyjohn You can, yes.
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @fistonltd Did you retire several chars without having pulled new chars as replacement?
    @Lightfeet no, if i got at least an epic x/19 with my calls, i got rid of the fully trained ones. To replace them fcourse, but now there's no max level anymore i feel a bit fucked by doing so.. (I only accept epics or legends.)
    Try to max out all the lvl18 s i got left before the update is coming..
    Now that the traits still equally unlock by lvling the survivor.
    As the last trait (lvl19)of most of my collection (28) is unlockable at this moment and with an extra trait being added. I will have to unlock at least 2 traits and use more tokens to turn them into legends..
    So progressing too hard and making shure u are ready for the next update. Doesn't always pay off as u can see..

They should have listed the retiered ones in the memorial tent. With the same layout as the choose survivor thing. But its too late for all of that now..
    Got 16 x/19 chars (of the 28)Counted them.
    lucky i got a few fully 18s left of every class. But the mayority is repleaced by the x/19s
  • EduCaLLEduCaLL Member Posts: 12
    WHen?? Somebody knows?
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    noone know when update will happen
    I think they don't know the meaning of "soon"..
    How long is "coming soon" standing with episode 14 en 15?
    Well you know what soon means than..
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Sounds good. Perhaps it will restore some of the fun for me, lost after update 1.9.
    An actual playable way to really get stronger survivors and get through those tougher missions.
    I see a new horizon for me in this game.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Maybe they decided to give us extra notice, seen as it is an extreme change to the way survivors work.
    Imagine if they only gave 1 weeks notice that you can keep your survivors forever. I don't thing that is fair.

So they give more notice. There will always be people complaining that they just retired a bunch of the most awesome survivors ever, but the more notice the better.
    MizTyfistonltdggbats
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    @limeyjohn i'm glad you are not working for NG
    limeyjohnPR0DJ
  • steste Member Posts: 108
    Not sure if this has already been answered or not but do you get more tokens for retiring higher level survivors or is it just done by rarity?
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    @ste l would think so mate, otherwise it would not make sense, not 100% sure though
    Right now l am training up some one radio survivors as my others were all maxed hoping this will be the case
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited June 2016
    @ste Yes.
    limeyjohn
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    It makes sense that both level and rarity would factor into the number of tokens you get from them.
    Back from 2016 :p
    limeyjohn
  • DvL05DvL05 Member Posts: 1
    Great news on the update. But I just retired my favorite (and only) bruiser. I hope we get a chance to maybe buy back retired players or something.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    DvL05 said:

Great news on the update. But I just retired my favorite (and only) bruiser. I hope we get a chance to maybe buy back retired players or something.

One more)
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Anyone would think you had something against hugging walkers!
    Fatties need love too <3
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    TheLostOnes
  • MadsGMadsG Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    Is token the same as gold?

I Think it Would be nice if we could pay like 3 dollar for full supply. Just like we can pay for free gas for 24 hours.
    The strongest should be the sweetest. (Pippi)
This discussion has been closed.