Question about Guild Challenge stars -Answered-

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
We crossed the 3060 threshold last night. This afternoon someone left the guild abruptly and the number fell to 2985 or something.

If we gain 75 more stars to hit 3060 "again" do we get a second guild reward at that level?

I understand stars only count when aquired in the guild but we already achieved the reward for 3060 and when they left apparently their stars went with them.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
JenngPR0DJBorutoWalkerBait1

Comments

• JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,411
    This is a legit question and I'm interested in the answer. :smiley:
    PR0DJDLichBorutoGonkistan
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Curious, did you lose the award from hitting the that challenge their?

Also is it really 3060 for your guild? Ours was 3020. Which we proudly met short handed.

Great job to you and your guild DLich.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    DLichBoruto
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited June 2016
    The challenge TG award wasn't taken away. But we made up for the lost stars and hit 3060 again and no new award.

We did get a newcomer so I wonder if he got the award for crossing it because technically it was his first time.

So mystery solved. If you reach an award threshold and stars are removed from guild by a members exit, getting to that threshold again doesn't give you a second reward.

@SlayerSect thank you. I joined DF2 last week. This is my first challenge in an actual, real guild. It's fun to work together. I just wish challenges weren't the only decent way to get TG's in this game.

But I couldn't have picked a better time considering the double rewards.

Here's screen shots of us "recrossing it". Notice the 30 stored rewards doesn't change.

JenngBoruto
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @SlayerSect are you sure? 3020?
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Boruto
    @lmfgunnut

After we hit the high "tier" the numbers changed, so I can't be sure now, but I am sure I checked them before commenting.

I'll check with my guild. Our guild is all in different time zones so, we might have an answer(clarification) soon or a bit later. I'll post here as soon as I know for sure.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

• MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    We had this happen to us awhile back and those who claimed the reward the first time around got to keep it and we're not rewarded agin.. The ones who didn't claim it were rewarded when we hit the tier for the second time! If I'm remembering correctly!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    AndyMenshel
    @lmfgunnut

It's been a crazy long week at work and with everything else,....

Seems I was pushing the numbers trying to get our guild to the next tier.

It was the personal tier I had in mind.

Like I said it's been one of those weeks.

Sorry to all for my confusion....

• CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    edited June 2016
    DLich said:

We did get a newcomer so I wonder if he got the award for crossing it because technically it was his first time.

No, he didn't get it. Guild awards are only awarded once, you're either in the guild that moment or not. Thinking of it, why should he even get it, since he almost didn't contribute anything to those 3,020 stars.
    edited June 2016
    @CanadianMike he said he got it idk I was going by what he said only.

The rest of the group crossed that threshold already. After he joined people were still playing and we crossed that threshold again and from what he wrote im assuming because he didn't cross that threshold within our guild he got it.

Idk if it's accurate, I hdvent asked for proof from him just took his word for it because that was my next question to ask here.

Suppose I create my own 1 person guild. I earn 30 stars to get the guild reward of 30 (400 TG's) then disband the guild and start a new one. I then get 30 more with this new guild. Would I get a second 30 tier reward because it's the first time that new guild hit 30?

Overall this is a terrible strategy considering if someone did this 8 times they'd earn 240 stars yet earn the 30 tier (400 TG) reward 8 times.

Once you join a guild, regardless of how many stars are cumulative prior to joining, any guild rewards would be received by any party in the guild at the time it's earned.

The only difference here was our guild already earned it and the star found dropped once a member abruptly left causing us to hit it a second time after he joined.

We didn't get it because we already received it. But based on his testimony he earned it because he didn't earn it in our guild the first time we hit it since he wasn't in it.

• WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 470
    I definitely didn't earn them, but I did receive 2,000 TGs after the guild hit (re-hit) the 3,060 star level.
    DLich
    Based on this discovery, and cooperation with many guilds, it's entirely possible for a player to bounce around guilds prior to hitting a threshold and receive a reward from each as they cross it. I'll give an example below.

Suppose John joins guild A when they're at 3055 guild stars. The guild then crosses 3060 and John receives 1000 TG's for being in that guild at that moment.

John then leaves guild A and joins guild B when they're at 3055 guild stars. The guild then crosses 3060 and John would earn a second 1000 TG's for being in that guild when it crosses that threshold.

The guild rewards are based upon guilds, not upon individual stars and from my understanding you're only limited to one reward at that threshold per guild not in total.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify. @zbot @Teeceezy

Jenng
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    DLich said:

@CanadianMike he said he got it idk I was going by what he said only.

That would be a different story from what I have heared. One player in our guild joined too after another had left and statet he hadn't been awarded with the crates. Can't say how it actually is or how it is supposed to be.
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 470
    Maybe he had some unclaimed rewards and they got lost in the shuffle? I didn't have any unclaimed rewards, so it was very obvious when I got the 3,060 reward.