Survivor movement when attacking

Kinda wishing that when you move a survivor you could choose between them looking for cover when going for a attack or ignore looking for cover when going for a attack. Like a toggle next to the battle speed toggle.
PigzosonLadyAquilaDeadBeatDoTak

Comments

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I agree. I had a situation today where I had already spent 1 ap moving. I had two zombies in a line. If I targeted the near one, my guy wouldn't move and the hunter's range was just short of the far zombie. But if I targeted the far zombie, the hunter ran way off to the side to get behind cover and shot the far zombie at an angle that did not hit the near zombie.

It was kind of annoying. If the cover weren't there off to the side, my hunter would have spent the second ap moving forward one space and shooting both zombies in a straight line.

This is just one little example, but I do find often that running for cover gets my survivors into trouble. If I had more control over their movement it would be good. Sometimes I trick them into avoiding cover by using my first ap to position them. In fact, I have to do this on nearly every raid, trying to hit exposed defenders without exposing my raiders to other defenders. If I could just toggle off cover seeking, it would be great.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    DLichMizTy
  • OldGothOldGoth Member Posts: 297
    It's a tough problem. We don't want to add more options to think about and have to cram them into the already small screen; instead it'd be best if your survivors always correctly guessed what you want them to do. It can still be improved, for sure.
    OvidmikelLadyAquilaJenngtheRealBender
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    That's kinda the point @OldGoth veteran players want the option because strategy depends on it. AI moves are usually pretty bad on maps with cover, and it's annoying as hell knowing you could make a better move and the game won't let you.... a toggle button after level 30 would be nice. Lol or a whole box of toggles that could be set would be better: camera centering, cover...
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Necroboogie
    I've seen mentioned the idea that the FF button would disable all the auto-stuff. I like that idea
    OvidmikelJaden
  • TheReturnerTheReturner Member Posts: 7
    You got what you wished for, @bgbelden
  • Well I hadn't seen this til now @TheReturner you got banned before I could even say thank you. Now I'll never know who you are. Who was that man with the football helmet?
    P.S. I prefer to not have to use the FF button to disable it but at least it's halfway to being better.
  • @SlickRick man of much knowledge, do you have any idea where @TheReturner hangs out? I'd like to know his true identity.
    Any help @jester would be appreciated
    SlickRick
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @bgbelden my guess is that @TheReturner is @eetu and he got banned for having two accounts.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Illbrainer
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    OldGoth said:

Auto-centering is disabled when FF is toggled on in the next update.

Don't forget about "back" button issue:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/10505/back-button-on-phone-causes-flee-fix-it#latest
    @OldGoth
    Why don't you just make survivor move right where you draw the line by your finger? Like even if I want him to run in circle - I just draw it and he run every grid cell in exact order where my finger was? It will solve all the problems with choosing the path.
    And you don't need to add another button.

I wanted to start a thread about it long time ago, even without covers I want to have more control over their movements.

As option to consider - maybe we can make confirmation of movement or attack by tapping on it again, because just releasing finger sometimes also leads to mis-movement.

It will be easy: choose path - release - tap - boom.
    If u want to cancel - just tap on survivor again.
    edited June 2016
    Ok, I know first idea not so easy to implement and not everybody want to draw a path every time, but you can try to test it anyway, maybe there is a way.

But second idea about confirmation is easy and can save us from sticky finger.))

UPD. Just now I moved my survivor to wrong place just because I released my big clumsy finger there.))
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    PR0DJ said:

But second idea about confirmation is easy and can save us from sticky finger.))

UPD. Just now I moved my survivor to wrong place just because I released my big clumsy finger there.))

This sort of thing happens to me all the dang time. Would be great to solve, but if it involves extra tapping would that get in the way of game play? Hard to know without trying it.
    Back from 2016 :p

PR0DJ said:

This sort of thing happens to me all the dang time. Would be great to solve, but if it involves extra tapping would that get in the way of game play? Hard to know without trying it.
    This one I think will be very easy to adjust for players. You do the same, but not just release your finger, but release and tap once in same spot - super easy, almost the same.
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @OldGoth I don't normaly use FF, but if it disables auto centering I probably would. Are you able to adjust the toggling of FF so that it doesn't reset to off after every map?