The 1.10 Comprehensive Master Discussion Thread

Comments

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Although I am sad that farming is essentially being disabled, I am very excited about all these changes. I don't have full tomatoes, so I'm not as ready as I could be, but I was very cautious of how I spent them in the last week, not knowing exactly when this would drop. I am happy we will get to play with these new changes so soon. Sounds like a good step forward for the game.
    HeisenbergMizTyOvidmikel
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @PR0DJ - It is a bit different display than the other currencies where you buy stuff (like a building upgrade) since those only display the required amount needed, and don't display your inventory. I'm not sure there will be another place to see your Token Inventory, so displaying it that way makes sense. If they displayed it as 10/30, then it would read more like a fraction...leading some to believe they only had 10 tokens out of 30 required (1/3 the value). Displaying it as 30/10 is more intuitive since it reads as you have 3x the tokens required, IMO.

@Heisenberg -- I agree that it's inconvenient from a challenge perspective, but much better for us. What if the update dropped on Friday, and the NG staff was gone all weekend and bugs presented themselves. Makes logical sense to me to drop the update early in the week so they have a few days to fix any problems. As for the when the updates typically release, I'm with you...my memory ain't what it used to be! (but I'm pretty sure the last council upgrade dropped on a Tuesday or a Wednesday)
    Heisenberg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 186
    Yeah I totally agree @OneLessTitan I just didn't go into that detail. Makes total sense to me too.
    OneLessTitan
    edited June 2016

Although I am sad that farming is essentially being disabled, I am very excited about all these changes. I don't have full tomatoes, so I'm not as ready as I could be, but I was very cautious of how I spent them in the last week, not knowing exactly when this would drop. I am happy we will get to play with these new changes so soon. Sounds like a good step forward for the game.

Although long term farming is gone, "micro farming" will probably be wise from now on (when not using the Gas Booster). I'll probably get to 100 kills whenever possible in my explore missions (and maybe guilds) with 3x the XP, instead of getting out as quickly as possible.

@Heisenberg -- LOL...yeah, i'm verbose!
    Heisenberg
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Yes, @OneLessTitan, at 3x (current) XP on those first 100 kills, I agree that it will definitely be worthwhile to max out kills on each mission. That will be a good strategy in the "new world."
    OneLessTitanggbats
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    Some free tokens to get us started would be nice
    OneLessTitanHeisenbergLadyAquilaMystique
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @OneLessTitan @Heisenberg Last update was released on a Tuesday. ;)
    OneLessTitanHeisenberg
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited June 2016
    It's probably too late to offer this suggestion but considering the amount of walkers that can be killed in an exploration mission (or any mission for that matter it seems the farming will best be served in challenge missions.

Killing 100 walkers on an exploration missions or rather farming to get to that 100 seems we're looking at Lvl 26 walkers which might be near impossible to kill.

So the 100 maximum would be broken down similarly to -

Rec level 17 - 10-12
    Respawn Max 9 of 18 level (21)
    Respawn Max 9 of 19 level (30)
    Respawn Max 9 of 20 level (39)
    Respawn Max 9 of 21 level (48)
    Respawn Max 9 of 22 level (57)
    Respawn Max 9 of 22 level (66)
    Respawn Max 9 of 23 level (75)
    Respawn Max 9 of 24 level (84)
    Respawn Max 9 of 25 level (93)
    Respawn Max 9 of 26 level (100+)

I don't think my Lvl 17 survivors will ever possibly be able to kill 100 walkers in an exploration mission and seems like the sweet spot may be closer to Lvl 12/13 rec challenge missions.

So to fully utilize the 100 cap on farming (to farm in general) it renders exploration virtually useless since at any rec level Id imagine it's difficult to kill walkers 9 levels higher than your own.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    ggbatsOneLessTitanPR0DJConan1976
    Forgot to add what my suggestion was lol.

My suggestion is on exploration missions be able to select the rec level and thus be able to accordingly pick a starting point so that 100 kills is even possible to attain.

@DLich You noticed that you'll get higher kill XP for walkers with the update?

You earn more XP permanently and thus there will be a kind of compensation for the abolition of the "endless" farming options in 7-4 & 9-3 and some challenge missions.
    @Lightfeet true. I understand there's more xp per kill. And I understand there has to be a set number to create the Max and that was chosen to be 100.

Id love to see a screen shot after 1.10 of someone on an exploration mission getting over 100 kills.

@DLich -- good point about the exploration missions. Just taking my XP missions from this weekend, my "Hit it and Quit it" strategy resulted in 13-23 kills per mission, with most of the values being between 15-20. That was me finishing the mission with only 1 spawn, sometimes 2.

So you definitely won't want to overwatch with ranged Survivors; you'll want to shoot everything and not go for multiple kills to try to increase the spawn number to max out XP. And the new Silenced Weapon Trait will probably not be good for squeaking out little bits of extra XP.

You are right, getting over 60-70 in an RSL 18 (or 19 after update) will be extremely tough.
    LadyAquila
    @DLich As you may remember the original plan was to cap the kills at 75 kills without kill XP increase with 1.9 already. NG luckily postponed the cap after fruitful discussions with the players and now the cap has been increased to 100 kills and the kill XP per walker has been increased basically.

I appreciate the new solution and deem it as fair.
    MizTyDeadBeat
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 186
    Thank you @Lightfeet glad someone still has a useful memory!! LOL

@Reeconn I would much rather see some free tokens rather than full supplies....my supplies are already full
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @tunky suggested once you should be able to fire your weapons up in the air to attract more walkers while waiting for the next spawn. I like that idea.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    OneLessTitanGonkistan
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited June 2016
    Plenty of farming opportunity in challenge missions, and more xp is welcome on the lower levels.
    I stupidly closed the farming episodes a while back, but hey, I can live with it! ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    Auto centering is only disabled in FF?? We'd really like to disable it completely as it serves zero purpose except to piss people off.

I could have sworn the farming number was going to be 300 vs the stated 100. That's a bummer. The Last Box (I think) challenge mission seems deliberately made for farming.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2016
    DLich said:

Forgot to add what my suggestion was lol.

My suggestion is on exploration missions be able to select the rec level and thus be able to accordingly pick a starting point so that 100 kills is even possible to attain.

Let's not forget why there's the 100 kills "cap" after tomorrow. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with farming Exploration missions (nor farming in general) - there should be little effect with these missions because like you said, you can't farm rec. level 26 anyway - so Exploration missions are to be used the same way tomorrow as they are now with one great added benefit: up to 3x XP!

(this cap targets those missions where people exploit the walkers that do not increase in level)

Just a reminder: the amount they came up with was figured at the amount of XP given in a gold crate.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    What time does the update happen?
    Sorry, I did not see a time if it was already mentioned

Trying to do the EST calculation
    I may get up and start the download on my tablet
    @theRealBender I do also understand the game is giving us something while also taking something away. 3x the xp is great when your camp is level 15. Considering the xp needed in higher level upgrades seems to increase exponentially, giving a linear rate of 3 times more xp is a solution.

So now instead of free players taking 6 days to gather 1 mil xp needed to boost something it'll only take 2 days. The double xp booster pack is great for people whom want to pay $3 for it.

Id be more content if the upgrades at level 18+ took 1/3 the amount of xp to upgrade. I agree that the overall direction towards the xp gaining is going in a positive direction towards the players but I still feel it's geared towards people willing to pay.

I think this will be the first game I've ever seen that limits earning xp using the main basis to earn it; killing walkers.

That's my $.02

theRealBenderLadyAquilaShaDoW666GreyWolf_IA
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    DLich said:

It's probably too late to offer this suggestion but considering the amount of walkers that can be killed in an exploration mission (or any mission for that matter it seems the farming will best be served in challenge missions.

Killing 100 walkers on an exploration missions or rather farming to get to that 100 seems we're looking at Lvl 26 walkers which might be near impossible to kill.

So the 100 maximum would be broken down similarly to -

Rec level 17 - 10-12

Respawn Max 9 of 18 level (21)

Respawn Max 9 of 19 level (30)

Respawn Max 9 of 20 level (39)

Respawn Max 9 of 21 level (48)

Respawn Max 9 of 22 level (57)

Respawn Max 9 of 22 level (66)

Respawn Max 9 of 23 level (75)

Respawn Max 9 of 24 level (84)

Respawn Max 9 of 25 level (93)

Respawn Max 9 of 26 level (100+)

I don't think my Lvl 17 survivors will ever possibly be able to kill 100 walkers in an exploration mission and seems like the sweet spot may be closer to Lvl 12/13 rec challenge missions.

So to fully utilize the 100 cap on farming (to farm in general) it renders exploration virtually useless since at any rec level Id imagine it's difficult to kill walkers 9 levels higher than your own.

@OneLessTitan
    Dont forget they are rebalancing survivers and walkers to a more linear way.
    This means that survivers should be able to kill higher lvls as health on walkers won't go up exponentional like it does now
    DLich
    DLich said:

@theRealBender I do also understand the game is giving us something while also taking something away.

That's my $.02

What if I told you that this affects me in only a positive way? This new cap only helps me because I rarely get 100 kills in any mission and I still progress. I know it hurts massive farmers but these players weren't farming 1000 kills in Exploration missions - it's missions like 7.4 and 9.3. And for legit players it wasn't a good return for their time because of what you pointed out - the huge XP requirements at higher levels.

So I do feel for the big farmers but at the same time it makes me happy because it comes with some consolation. Pretty much agree with your whole comment really.
    DLich
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    Just farmed 9-3 as tribute to farming, it is so tedious and inefficient.
    more than 1000walkers gave me less than 100kXP.
    That's why I did it like 2-3 times before when I needed just a little bit for upgrade or wait for gas to fill.
    edited June 2016
    7-4 takes about an hour to get 100K

100K / 75xp per kill = 1,333 walkers
    1,333 walkers / 3 kills per turn = 444 turns
    444 turns / 7 turns per minute = 63 minutes

All for 4 gas.

Unless im getting 100K xp in one exploration mission with these changes im losing out xp. I understand not everyone enjoys farming but some don't mind. Im just watching tv anyway trying to advance myself in the game.

Anyone earn 100K on 6 gas without buying the $3 booster?

Overall I am happy for the upcoming changes and understand why it's being implemented and whom its targeting but everyone's getting caught in the crossfire.

I'll end on that note. I don't want this thread to become about complaining about the cap and people defending it. We all play our own personal style. But starting tomorrow were all required to dress in the same uniform.

LadyAquilaOneLessTitanGreyWolf_IA
    @DLich Thanks for the number crunching. I like numbers! This means when I farmed them, I was too slow :(
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @zbot
    Can you please put a little note in your OP, that this thread is not to complain about maintenance.
    In the 1.9 update thread, there were probably 5+ pages of complaining about maintenance.
    Also, do we have a time the maintenance starts.
    I hate when I have full gas and go to play and find its too late. What a waste :(
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    @blynknz it's started between 2a-3a EDT in the past.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Perdtinlmfgunnut
    masmith93 said:

@blynknz it's started between 2a-3a EDT in the past.

Great thanks. I will plan to use it all before 2, and keep on top of it until i get kicked.
This discussion has been closed.