Data from weekend event

I counted crates this weekend and these are the results I came up with for the increased silver/gold tickets.

I played 176 XP exploration missions, which showed me a total of 1,215 bronze (76.7%), 247 silver (15.6%) and 122 gold (7.7%) tickets.

I believe that's a much better chance (twice as high?) of the good stuff versus nomal but calling on @OneLessTitan to verify that.

As a bonus stat, I can tell you that I opened exactly 100 of those 122 gold crates (spent a bit of gold to do that) and these were the results:

-- Rare gear: 51%
-- Epic gear: 17%
--Legendary gear: 8%
--XP: 15%
--Food: 3%
--Gold: 2%
--Radios: 4%

I didn't make a note of the level of the rare gear, but the epic was 6xlevel16, 4xlevel17 and 7xlevel18.

The legendary gear, a bit worse: 3xlevel16, 4xlevel17 and 1xlevel18.

(Missions were level 18 recommended).
I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
OneLessTitanWahooDawgggbatsShut_UpSlickRickJapes87PR0DJzosonLadyAquilaDeadBeatgabriel_lwhOvidmikelInvader

Comments

• BurningBrightBurningBright Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for crunching the numbers.

This is about what I managed too. The glaring figure to me is the XP found inside gold and silver crates, which was much lower than I felt it should've been, especially for having done exclusively XP missions. I got waaayyy more crap gear and gas cans (no stats on the gas cans, btw?) than the actual XP crates I was trying to hunt for, which is ridiculous. If I wanted all that crap, I would've done the gear missions.

I think next time this weekend bonus comes around I'm going to pass on spending all the gold that I did to open the crates I missed on the first pass.

Anyway, thanks again for posting this. Pretty much confirms what I knew to be the case.
    TheLostOnesggbatstheRealBender
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Thanks @BurningBright and I agree: I was also surprised there were so few golden XP rewards on XP exploration missions.

Regarding gas: got a ton from the bronze and silver tickets, but didn't track it. None in the golden tickets.
    I'm lost.

SlickRick
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @TheLostOnes -- Great work with that data!!! It looks like only the chances of Gold Crates have been increased, with Silver Crates staying the same...same as the last time around.

That breakdown of your equipment types is fantastic....I just crunched those numbers for someone in my guild who wanted them, and your results are extremely helpful. Kudos, good sir! (or ma'am...but I think sir!!)
    TheLostOnesShut_UpPR0DJ
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    When my booster ran out, all of a sudden I was getting XP from the gold crates. During the booster I got it once during the entire 24 hours. Now, I might have seen it more had I spent gold, but I did no differently before and after the booster so that doesn't need factoring in.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I found XP to be the most common content of silver crates. 10k or so. Found no food in gold crates, XP about 20%, radios only once, gas none, and gear the rest of the time. Maybe 10 legs from 200 missions? Didn't keep any.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

TheLostOnesNCDawgFan
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Thanks @lmfgunnut sounds more or less in line with my data.

I would assume that food exploration missions would give the same, except for ~15% for food and ~3% for XP. And then the ex-deadlies may have ~3% for food, ~3% for xp and an extra ~12 percentage points for the gear.
    I'm lost.

• i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    null
    I did nothing but tomatoe runs for first 2-3 hrs (needed maters) and all I was pulling was gear, very little canned goods. Went to do XP missions and nothing but xp. Went back to farming maters and nothing but hear again. Very strange indeed. BUT, I did notice a huge difference in gold crates in tomatoe vs. XP missions. Pulled this on a single gold crate on tomatoe run . 2nd pick is what most of my tomatoe runs yielded....it was a long,slow burn.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    @i812many That's crazy! What are the odds..
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    I was doing XP missions and my luck with xp in golden crates was ok.
    Sure it is mostly gear I scrap but when 63000xp pops out - that is compensating and pleasing. So no complaints here.

Dale
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    edited June 2016
    @PRODJ, I will take that 9 chest pull every farming mission I ever run until the end of time.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    I wish they would update this event to remove rare eq. I had poor results all around, I spent money to unlock the few gold crates I received and it was all rare scrap. So - in the future @Teeceezy, suggestion to reduce (or remove) the rare eq from the gold crates.

One person on Twitter posted their results and they got two legendary rifles. Must be nice.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    TheLostOnesggbatslmfgunnut
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 680
    masmith93 said:

I wish they would update this event to remove rare eq. I had poor results all around, I spent money to unlock the few gold crates I received and it was all rare scrap. So - in the future @Teeceezy, suggestion to reduce (or remove) the rare eq from the gold crates.

One person on Twitter posted their results and they got two legendary rifles. Must be nice.

That was me. I should have bought a Powerball ticket that day...

Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

masmith93Ovidmikel
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @brentp17 you probably should have. What did you to do appease the RNG gods?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 680
    edited June 2016
    masmith93 said:

@brentp17 you probably should have. What did you to do appease the RNG gods?

I can't say on here. It's not for children's ears...:) Kidding. I was ridiculously lucky. There were 4 gold tickets after that mission. Two were Rare (assault weapon and a vest), the other two were Legendary rifles (level 18 and level 17). The level 17 doesn't have my requirement of wide bore, but I'm keeping it in case a future update lets us add traits to weapons (It has Gold luck and Interrupt). I posted the screenshot in the legendary weapons thread, top of page 13:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/8134/show-your-legendary-weapons/p13

Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

masmith93
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    I got 5 base lvl 18 rifles this weekend 2 legendary 3 epics all ASSAULT RIFLES 3 with gold spread 2 with silver spread which would have been awsome if I hadn't already had 5 more just as good lol I wanted hunter rifles lol. But I can't complain about not getting good weapons just the wrong class ( I did use gold to open pretty much all gold crates . A couple times I hit continue instaed of buying the exta gold crates from not paying attention. I'll always be leave the four or five crates I missed like that was the leg hunter rifles I was looking for. Lol and prolly was