24 gas/xp gone?

AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
i was looking at the shop when i saw the 24h gas/xp is gone. is this permanently gone or is it a bug? i hope you guys didn't take out that from the shop. please put them back for good. please like this to reach them out! @Teeceezy

Comments

• @Amazayn Might be on hold for the update
    PR0DJ
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    im kinda bummed, if i didn't know this would happened, i woulda stock up my gas for a month. :disappointed:
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    Agree with @bgbelden . They most probably put them on hold till the update and it's corresponding maintenance will be over to avoid ppl complaining about that i's unfair that they weren't able to use the full 24 hours. (e.g. maintenance break prior to update release lasts 2,5 hours and NG needs a further maintenance break of 1 hour on short notice afterwards due to problems with the patch (which they hopefully will not need) than they would get a flood of ingame tickets for compensation requests of 3,5 hour gas booster time.)

@Teeceezy @OldGoth Could you please kindly comment whether this assumption is correct?
    ggbatsNosfuratu85
    @Teeceezy Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
    PR0DJ
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2016
    I logged on to see the 1.10 patch drop tomorrow, so i logically wanted to farm as much xp as i could. To my dismay the 24 hour gas and double xp purchase options are not available. Is this a glitch or are they really gone?
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Probably because of the update tomorrow. As you will not be able to log in the full 24 hrs
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    PR0DJPerdtin
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    Rorshack said:

I logged on to see the 1.10 patch drop tomorrow, so i logically wanted to farm as much xp as i could. To my dismay the 24 hour gas and double xp purchase options are not available. Is this a glitch or are they really gone?

Try to farm 7-4 or 9-3 for last time!)))
    I don't know if I'm up to it, never liked it, but as tribute to that levels maybe I will.)
    @Rorshack @Conan1976 @PR0DJ

The boosters are currently not available because of the oncoming update. @Teeceezy confirmed it in following thread already.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/12126/24-gas-xp-gone#latest
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    Ah, thanks all. I do farm 7-4regularly but wanted to get a serious jump on the xp for the update. What a piss off.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    @Lightfeet compensation requests of 3,5 hour gas booster time - LOL
    How much is that?)))) 15 cents?)))
    (I use another currency so I don't know how mush $ for a booster)
    But I agree that maybe people would flood them with requests and nobody wants that.
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @Teeceezy some advance warning of this would have been helpful. Many people want to max out their supplies and XP before the update, please reinstate the option to buy, I don't care if I lose a couple of hours out of 24.
    PR0DJ
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for the feedback @bun. This will most likely be done with every update in the future, so be ready for cases when that happens. :)
    Lightfeetggbats
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 180
    I asked this question about 10 days ago, thanks for answer @Teeceezy
    theRealBender
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 494
    I went to buy 24 hour gas today but it has disappeared from the store , so has the double XP just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Not just you. They aren't available to me either.
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    I'd guess it's been removed because of the new update tomorrow.

It wouldn't be too good value for money if you purchased it & the game was down for a few hours.

Probably been done to stop complaints.

At least I'm hoping this is the reason & it will be back in the store soon.
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    TheLostOnes
    edited June 2016
    The boosters are currently not available because of the oncoming update. @Teeceezy confirmed it in following thread already.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/12126/24-gas-xp-gone#latest

@zbot @Teeceezy Please merge.
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 401
    What gives? Was this announced? Thought these were supposed to be part of the game long term now.
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 401
    Thanks for pinning that info @zbot
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Posted above by @Teeceezy
    "We don't want to offer a 24h booster if part of that 24h will be while the game is under maintenance"
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    You could just extend the booster time for the downtime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    edited June 2016
    @shabba they could but I believe they've had to go into maintenance after an update before so then it would be a start and stop timer hassle. Plus myself, I can't always update as soon as possible, no Wi-Fi, so that could mess with others that needed extra time to update.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    It's a good idea for them to shut down the boosters until the game is up and running
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @zbot I understand the reason behind suspending the gas boost until after maintenance. My ???????? Is what do I do for the withdrawals. I'm totally going into PANIC MODE playing with the gas boost is so ADDICTIVE AND WONDERFUL I'm literally opening the game opening the forum. I'm gonna wear my phone out!!!! This is very cruel and unusual punishment. NG taking our gas boost away is inhumane!!!!! Plzzzzzzzzzz NG For the sake of my sanity GIVE US OUR GAS BOOST BACK!!!!! LoL in all seriousness . PLZ HURRY IM WEARING A HOLE IN MY PHONE TAPPING THE THEATER HOPING IT GIVES ME GAS LOL KEEP UP THE AWSOME WORK
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    They're back!