How do you feel about the new update?

Share tour thoughts please;)
Am i the only one who feels ripped off?
SinnerKace07

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    Why do you feel ripped off?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    JenngCrazyDlmfgunnutTheLostOnes
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    fistonltd said:

Share tour thoughts please;)

Am i the only one who feels ripped off?

Nope. We got nerfed, big time.
    Kace07
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    Seems the game got more potential now, I feel positive all in all.
    KafirOvidmikelKace07
  • _wendy__wendy_ Member Posts: 171
    edited June 2016
    I love the new update. Now I can keep the survivors that I have already put so much time into.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Still looking into the new token system, but first impressions are great. Dont forget the advantage of not having a cap on your survivors.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    KafirOvidmikel
  • Eire1916Eire1916 Member Posts: 15
    Bullet dodge has ruined raids.

Regular dodge has become ridiculous, I had a survivor surrounded by walkers dodge 19 times on the bounce before an attack eventually landed !
    fistonltdLaycia43
  • KafirKafir Member Posts: 101
    They may have jumped the shark. Thrown confusion into the mix with too much maybe? Too many icons now, minimal phones coming from killing camp walkers and mission crates. I've gotten ONE since the update...and yes, I've played it a bit. Getting tokens is worthless without the phones, so now what...force to BUY phones?? Maybe this update is to force more people to spend money?? Nope, not gonna happen. And it takes a buttload of tokens for ONE update of a Hunter! C'mon...let's dial it back a bit... I may go back to playing Backgammon...

boekeInvaderorujdKace07
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Kafir said:

They may have jumped the shark. Thrown confusion into the mix with too much maybe? Too many icons now, minimal phones coming from killing camp walkers and mission crates. I've gotten ONE since the update...and yes, I've played it a bit. Getting tokens is worthless without the phones, so now what...force to BUY phones?? Maybe this update is to force more people to spend money?? Nope, not gonna happen. And it takes a buttload of tokens for ONE update of a Hunter! C'mon...let's dial it back a bit... I may go back to playing Backgammon...

I've gotten 7 phones since the update. You've just had some bad luck.
    OvidmikelalnodKace07
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Kinda like the no survivor cap now, I still need lvl 19 base legendary gear now & not sure how easy that will be to come by? Haven't made an opinion on the tokens yet & might b a tough sell for me, since I only use certain classes so that's going to suck, unless they made tokens generic? ( hint hint ), so still have a 1000 radios going to save for now lol, other then that, seems like same crap different pile, farm & grow lol
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    DodgeBullet probably will be the most sought after trait right now. Time to see more melee user. (And i already planning 1 bruiser with all the new additional trait)
    Caione
  • DeewesDeewes Member Posts: 12
    so far so good. but i plan to keep all my toons at lvl 11 ish for a while til i upgrade and get all the armor/weapons i need and upgrade. I refuse to go to assault finish that as i know it means more money/or time. I spend a small portion on gas. since i dont play any other games right now I figure i can pay out a little as if a monthly fee. So I am will upgrade all i can before i set up new classes. So for me the game is going fine. i am a waiter if i have to timer thing i just come back later
    LadyAquila
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,651
    I feel about the same as before. I miss the XP farming. I did that a lot to avoid paying for gold and boosters. I only bought the Double XP bundle when we had the Herd event. I don't like spending real money on this game, but it is the only game I have ever spent money on. I do enjoy NML a great deal. On the flip side, I like the increase in walker kills and XP rewards with the story missions. That sort of balances out the farming missions. I'm not sure I like the new survivor system, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm guessing I will like the game more once I have settled into the changes. Of course, they'll still need a crowbar for me to open up my wallet.
    Animesh101KafirLadyAquila
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    There are really TWO Games here...

The killing of the un-dead, and raiding folks ( of course defending from da raids... )

The other game involves, time and strategy and luck...

At the higher levels, time is now humongous...

Farming... or little farming ( little farming = money )...

The complexity just increased exponentially ( I gotta farm for fucking phones... )

Because at the higher levels of play, you must have " more & better "

NextGames understands this, and has capitalized on this fact... To their benefit...

Yup they are a for profit business... The shelf life of this game is not, ten years...

Yup... More complex...

I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Lots of shiny new buttons. Don't yet understand all of the shiny new buttons.

Will wait until the bugs are sorted (and people stop saying things like "It's not a nerf; it's a bug!")

Look forward to reading the write up on the shiny new buttons.

In the meantime I shall keep my radios until I have a strategy for using them. I just got sent to the bottom of my raiding tier so I can actually do some raiding.

It looks interesting, though. I hope they didn't fix the XP economy just to toss us into a broken token economy but I don't yet know enough to form an opinion on that.
    Buckzz
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,250
    I'm with the fantastic @tammy
    I don't have a clue on percentages, I mean really? Math? Uh, no thank you!
    But!..........
    I :heart: the new update! So far...... Is it going to take time and unknown amounts of tokens( cause again with the math) hell yes! But I love this game so much and those fugly survivors feel like my illegitimate children. Lol that I will put in the time.
    P.S I'm super happy I held on to my lower lvl legendary's...... Token saver!
    tammyMrsScattercushionLadyAquila[Deleted User]
  • eugtaneugtan Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    can somebody help me figure out why the huge discrepancy in the damage stats even though they are of the same level? there's a 10% marksman difference but the difference is still way too much don't you think?

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Dale said:

I hope they didn't fix the XP economy just to .....

I beg to differ with this statement. They only made minor improvements IMO considering part of the improvements was introducing a straight pay-for-XP scheme.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • MuzzMuzz Member Posts: 74
    I've got mixed feelings on the update. On the one hand new survivor and weapon traits are fantastic, and the new token system (albeit very expensive in terms of radios needed to amass them) is a good step forward. As someone that plays a lot of outpost missions, the odds are massively stacked in favour of the defender now. Raiding since the update, it has become nigh on impossible to finish a raid and beat the defenders. I've had defenders dodge both shots from a charged shooter, as well as avoiding stuns from assaults. The chances of being lucky enough to take down all 3 defenders and have enough turns left to get the crate at the end is practically nil! I think my days of hitting 7k influence per cycle are well and truly over!
    fistonltdLadyAquila
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @eugtan ,

Look closely at which of your survivors have "marksman" trait. That's the difference.
    Ovidmikel
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    @Muzz I agree. I love outposts so it's a shame, but I can't see myself doing much raiding now. I might start grabbing crates from quarry and warehouse only, or I might just stop raiding. But I'm not going to keep shooting bullets into the air, haha!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • eugtaneugtan Member Posts: 2
    Movado said:

@eugtan ,

Look closely at which of your survivors have "marksman" trait. That's the difference.

but even with the marksman trait, the difference of 167 is still too much don't you think? the difference is way more than 10%
  • MuzzMuzz Member Posts: 74
    I think that in almost all cases the new array of traits offer defensive advantages - apart from silenced and increased chance of a charge attack. Melee survivors were next to useless before the update in outpost raids due to defenders having up to 60% dodge, especially up the top end of the leaderboards. Adding bullet dodge and stun avoid traits is great from a defensive point of view, but there is nothing to balance it from an attackers perspective. It'll be interesting to compare the new cycles leaderboard at the end of the cycle to the last - I think we'll see a massive difference. I think I'll be giving outposts a rest for a while to concentrate on XP missions and praying for radio drops like everyone else now is!
    Pigfistonltd