Class Token Data Collection

2»

Comments

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Posted this in another thread, but this one seems more apt/popular...Little help, if you all don't mind.

2 questions:

1) Are token rewards independent of Radio Tower level? ie, will I get the same reward rejecting a Rare survivor with Tower 7 as I would with Tower 8, etc? Just deciding if I want to wait to burn through more radios until I upgrade the tower. I feel like it only impacts the survivor starting Level, which, as we now know, does not affect token reward. Just wanted to see if token reward was same for everyone.

2) What do people think is best way to max tokens for a particular class? I am right now just trying to get my Epic Shooter to Legendary. So here's how I see it:
    - For the sake of argument, say I have 300 Radios
    - I could do 300 1-radio pulls for an average of 150 common survivors (2 tokens/ea X 150 = 300 tokens) and 150 uncommon survivors (8 tokens/ea X 150 = 1,200 tokens) for a total of 1,500 tokens. However, with only ONE survivor each time to choose from, that's a 1/6 chance of getting a Shooter, thus of my 1,500, I would get roughly 250 Shooter Tokens
    - I could do 60 5-radio pulls for an average of 30 uncommon survivors (8 tokens/ea X 30 = 240 tokens) and 30 rare survivors (32 tokens/ea X 30 = 960 tokens) for a total of 1,200 tokens. In this scenario, I'd have a 1/3 chance of getting a Shooter each time, so he'd benefit from roughly 400 tokens
    - I could do 20 15-radio pulls for an average of 10 rare (32 tokens/ea X 10 = 320 tokens) and 10 epic survivors (128 tokens/ea X 10 = 1,280 tokens) for a total of 1,600 tokens. With a 1/2 Shooter pull ratio, that means I'd end up with roughly 800 Shooter tokens.

So by this logic, my best bet is to just do 15-radio pulls until my fingers bleed...but I'm second-guessing myself like crazy. Is my math fuzzy? I'm being very approximate here, assuming I'll get 1/2 of each Start survivor from each radio-pull-tier. But perhaps that's optimistic? Part of me feels like it's better to get more pulls, even at lower token rewards each time, since I have more chances to get the class I want...

SO MANY VARIABLES >< Help!
    OneLessTitanDLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited June 2016
    I think to maximize your luck to radio to token ratio 1 radio pulls are best.

If you get a common simply accept it, spend 4 tokens to upgrade to uncommon and then retire for 9 (thus 5 minumum per radio)

With 1 radio call you can get uncommon which sell for 8 or rare which sell for 32

With 15 radio pulls minimum is a rare which is 32. It's a 2 token per radio average and even if you're lucky enough to pull an epic it's 128 which is a 8 token per radio average (if you're into rejecting epic's)

I believe 1 radios are the most efficient way to maximize tokens.

With 1 radio pulls using the above strategy you'll get a minumum of 75 tokens (spread across all classes) for 15 radios. With 15 radio pulls you'll more likely get a rare only giving 32 tokens.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    OneLessTitanlimeyjohn[Deleted User]
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Trait evolution costs are too high. Because there are soooo many traits
    OneLessTitan
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @General_Quatre --

#1 - Upgrading your Radio Tower is now almost pointless. You get the same # of tokens for rejecting or retiring any level Epic Survivor (for example)...and the same with all the other tiers...click the link in the OP for the exact values.

#2 - That's a tough question to answer. I understand @DLich logic, and it has merit if you only want Tokens. But I'd still probably go for 15 Radio Calls since I'd also want the better chance of pulling a Legendary (or Epic) survivor that I'd want to keep. A Legendary in hand is way more valuable than a bunch of tokens, IMO. Either way, I think I'm still going to hold out on calls until the next Increased Epic/Legendary Event.
    DLich
    edited June 2016
    @OneLessTitan yes I agree the strategy mentioned above which was discovered by someone else I don't remember who to tag, is most efficient to maximize tokens only.

I think this strategy appeals mostly to the Lvl 52's with tons of legendaries already.

How long before they add the option to spend gold to upgrade traits?

OneLessTitan
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    @OneLessTitan, you've got waaaaaay more self-restraint than me or most on this board. I had the best of intentions to hold at least some radios for an event, but spent every last one. That said, I was pulling numbers like it was an event. I spent 500 radios and got 5 legendary survivors, one in every class except warrior. That is better than previous events for me.

I do like the 1-radio pull loophole. You have less control over which class your tokens are in, but it's a valid way to maximize tokens.
    @LadyAquila -- very nice!! Love hearing when Radio Calls kick ass! One of my guildies got 5 Legendaries in like 8 or 10 calls today; one call had two Legendaries! I have no faith that I'll have any luck outside an event, and I'm getting by fine with the Survivors I have (have an 18 LEG Hunter/Assault/Warrior, and held on to a previously Max 12 LEG Hunter)...I can get plenty of stars with what I have, so I'm fine waiting for a Radio Event. At least I have hope for getting better Survivors....my hope for getting great equipment is not as good, as Trade Good Crates (Epic for me ATM) are the only real option...and it's going to be hard to find "optimal" gear with all these new traits, at least that's my initial assumption.
    Ovidmikel
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    1 call = 7.4 tokens/radio on average
    5 call = 26.3 tokens/radio
    15 call = 88.1 tokens/radio
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834

This is also a great trick how to get 5 additional CTs from 1 phone
    - GET Common (you could scrap it for 2 CT)
    - upgrade for 4 CT
    - retire for 9 CT

Man, it is 3 additional tokens.
    - GET Common (you could scrap it for 2 CT)
    - upgrade for 4 CT
    - retire for 9 CT

9-4-2 = 3
    ant
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Thanks, guys. That all makes sense. However, in order to do the 5-token loophole, you first need to have rejected at least 2 other uncommons of the same class (2 each for 4 tokens), so in reality, aren't you making 3 1-radio pulls for those 5 tokens? As opposed to rejecting them outright 3 times and getting 6 tokens.

Your logic is assuming that one already has tokens to upgrade survivors of each class, right?
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    Class tokens, at first blush, is a ridiculous addition. Makes it harder and more costly to attain legendary. Believe it or not, the better option is now to rely on the radio call lottery, which has always been a bit of a joke. Definitely designed to consume phones.
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    @SlickRick yes not even slickrick's stash can withstand this onslaught of crappy token conversion
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @Vudnik I agree that pulling a leg off the radio tower is the easiest route but at least now with every fallout you make if you don't get a legendary at least you are getting tokens towards a legendary. Think how many callouts you've made since you've been playing and how many survivors you retired. If you had been getting tokens you could surely have a legendary by now.i
    LadyAquila
    edited June 2016
    and just think... when you pull that rare it only takes 840 tokens for it to become a legendary and another 1250 tokens for it to become a maxed legendary!!

@General_Quatre it's like starting a business. You need a small investment to start off with yes, but in the long term it pays for itself. When you go to some businesses they have those "good luck" dollar bills stapled to the wall. Although not used it still has value.

using that method you will earn minimum 75 tokens on 15 radios instead of a 15 radio pull giving you a rare which will only net you 32. It's more time consuming but if you get a rare off a 1 radio pull you've already exceeded what you'd expect from a 15 radio pull.

• shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    still think 15 radio's is better as you get to choose what type of tokens you get.
    OvidmikelOneLessTitanLadyAquila
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45
    I decided to go the 1 Radio route.

75 Tokens for every 15 radios seems better than 32 Tokens for most one 15 radio pulls.

Also, with 1 Radio you do have the possibility of pulling any level. I pulled a Rare with 1 radio pull today. So I got 32 Tokens for one radio... sweet!

Doing this will give me a path to get my Epics to Legendary. I would say once my epics become legendary (which will still be a LONG time) I could start doing 15 radio pulls and even if I get a rare I can upgrade them eventually. Or if I want to deepen my bench I can do 15 radio pulls and get a few Rares to fill up my empty slots.

Seems like the best investment to me.

Downside... having NO RADIOS for Legendary event... unless I horde 100 radios and always have 100 banked for Legendary events.
    DLich
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    edited June 2016
    @manicorn
    manicorn said:

I decided to go the 1 Radio route.

75 Tokens for every 15 radios seems better than 32 Tokens for most one 15 radio pulls.

Also, with 1 Radio you do have the possibility of pulling any level. I pulled a Rare with 1 radio pull today. So I got 32 Tokens for one radio... sweet!

Doing this will give me a path to get my Epics to Legendary. I would say once my epics become legendary (which will still be a LONG time) I could start doing 15 radio pulls and even if I get a rare I can upgrade them eventually. Or if I want to deepen my bench I can do 15 radio pulls and get a few Rares to fill up my empty slots.

Seems like the best investment to me.

Downside... having NO RADIOS for Legendary event... unless I horde 100 radios and always have 100 banked for Legendary events.

How do you get 75 class tokens from making x15 1 radio calls assuming you reject all 15 survivors?

Edit: I think I get what you mean now :wink:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    manicorn
    Ovidmikel said:

@Vudnik I agree that pulling a leg off the radio tower is the easiest route but at least now with every fallout you make if you don't get a legendary at least you are getting tokens towards a legendary. Think how many callouts you've made since you've been playing and how many survivors you retired. If you had been getting tokens you could surely have a legendary by now.i

Ovidmikel... I like that - "pulling a leg off the radio tower"!
    Not to disagree specifically but I've been playing for nearly a year, spent well over 5000 phones, mostly at the 15-per call rate. I've been starving for hunters from the get go, of any class! It's really a moot point to consider tokens I would have received so far because that wasn't an option until this Tuesday. Of all my survivors, ever, I've had the least amount and quality in hunters. I'd need to pull a hunter to cash it in for hunter tokens and I RARELY see one. I have tons of assault, warrior, scout, bruiser and shooter. From what I've read elsewhere I'm not alone in this.
    For interests sake, try the math on promoting my level 16 uncommon hunter, the only two-star level 16 survivor I have. Makes me dizzy just thinking about it
    Hey guys and gals, I have done some calculations on the Actual Cost of upgrading/promoting your Survivors, in terms of how many Survivors of the same class you actually need to retire/reject to max out and/or promote a Survivor.

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/class-token-economy/

Ovidmikelgabriel_lwhmanicornDLich
    @Vudnik sorry you're having bad luck with hunters. I'm totally opposite I pull hunters it seems at will . I retired down to a skeleton crew and saved up 8 rare hunters 1 common and 1 epic after finding out about the update ALSO PULLED MY FISRT LEGENDARY last week . I retired all those hunters and promoted one ofy epic hunters too legendary and have made two calls since update and boom two more are hunters on the hunt for assaults now lol especially after being able to upgrade my max lvl 17 epic hunter to lvl 18 . Hope you start having better luck gettimg hunters
    manicorn
    @onelesstitan. You are the man. That is an excellent job on you're info site . Ng definately needs to recognize you as some kinda content creators. Very helpful and professional HATS OFF
    manicorn
    Just spent another 150 phones and, out of 30 survivors pulled, I got only ONE hunter, rare, level 10. I'm gonna need a therapist soon
    How's about the idea of a "trading post" where we can swap survivors? I have assault and warrior falling out my ying-yang (no comments please!) but I'd sell a body part right now for some kind of reasonable hunter. Let NG charge a trading fee or something...
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Tokens, get your Hunter Tokens!!! Only one Leg...! Try the jerky why you're here...it's to die for.
    OneLessTitanLadyAquila