The 1.10 Comprehensive Master Discussion Thread

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    Conan1976 said:

Seems to much of à difference to me....

Yep, seems to be off. Maybe percentage calculation is wrong or it's a display bug. Same thing is discussed in another thread (sorry, can't remember which one it is).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    thanx, ill find the other thread
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Conan1976
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

Heard from a guildmate that you get the same tokens for a high level survivor as you do from a low level survivor of the same rarity. Is this true?

Yes...just took a look. Epic on level 10 gives 128 tokens...same does a level 17 epic plus the xp...
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    you only get xp if you actually upgraded the surviver
    @OneLessTitan

thanks a lot, keep it up :)
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

• ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    So when will NG start selling tokens
    Lightfeet
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625

Hey guys, I have done some calculations on the Actual Cost of upgrading/promoting your Survivors, in terms of how many Survivors of the same class you actually need to retire/reject to max out and/or promote a Survivor.

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/class-token-economy/

Great job of laying it all out, @OneLessTitan! Do you have any chart that lays out what it takes to upgrade a newly acquired Legendary from level 8 or 9 (including XP & time)? I'm interested in comparing costs of promoting an existing level 18 Epic to Legendary, and then maxing out his traits vs. leveling up a new Legendary and maxing him out. Does that make sense?
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @LadyAquila -- not yet....it appears there may be some glitches with the Survivor Costs. It seems like different Prestige Levels of the Same Level are costing different amounts of XP to upgrade.

I think I understand what you're getting at. I guess it's just a matter of whether you are more interested in spending XP to level up a lower level Legendary vs the Class Token cost of Promoting an existing Epic. For me, I'm still going to focus on bringing up a low level Legendary. I know I'll eventually get the XP and have the time; but who knows how many Class Tokens I will get as the value of Radios has skyrocketed after this update, IMO. I hope that makes sense. Hopefully soon we'll have the exact upgrade costs (XP and time) for Survivors as they work out the kinks.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Thanks for the response, @OneLessTitan. That is what my instincts are telling me. Even without spending gold to reduce the time factor, I think XP will be much easier to come by in general. I spent my tokens from rejected survivors, but am now working on upgrading my new legendaries. Still curious to see a side by side comparison sometime. Seems like cashing in a low level legendary might have its advantages in certain situations if you've got a really good epic that is all maxed out and ready to be promoted.
    OneLessTitan
  • walkingdudwalkingdud Member Posts: 20
    I'm not so sure I like this Power Strike. If someone is next to my Warrior at the beginning of my turn, that means I've just been attacked, a situation I generally try to avoid. I could see it working well with Interrupt, but in the case of a Warrior it's still not so hot because I can (99% of the time) only attack one opponent without moving. I may have to scrap my best warrior, which I just upgraded before the update, because she got this crummy trait.

There are two things that might mitigate this disaster:
    1. Does Power Strike work if I use 1 AP to move and then attack from that position?
    2. Does it work with retaliate? (Someone asked before but I don't think it was answered.)
    Danofthedead
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636

I'm not so sure I like this Power Strike. If someone is next to my Warrior at the beginning of my turn, that means I've just been attacked, a situation I generally try to avoid. I could see it working well with Interrupt, but in the case of a Warrior it's still not so hot because I can (99% of the time) only attack one opponent without moving. I may have to scrap my best warrior, which I just upgraded before the update, because she got this crummy trait.

There are two things that might mitigate this disaster:
    1. Does Power Strike work if I use 1 AP to move and then attack from that position?
    2. Does it work with retaliate? (Someone asked before but I don't think it was answered.)

@walkingdud if your warrior now has 60% dodge, you have a good chance of not getting hit while standing next to an enemy...and increasing your damage on your next hit by a good amount.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

LadyAquila
  • walkingdudwalkingdud Member Posts: 20
    lmfgunnut said:

@walkingdud if your warrior now has 60% dodge, you have a good chance of not getting hit while standing next to an enemy...and increasing your damage on your next hit by a good amount.

@lmfgunnut She doesn't have good dodge, but even if she did there's still the problem of only being able to attack one enemy. She has Dodge, but not Luck. With all these new traits the chances of getting both dodge and luck (and Power Strike!) are pretty slim. I can see this trait being great for a Bruiser, but I don't like it much for a Warrior. I just noticed that my other epic Warrior also pulled this trait. Ugh!

I'm just going to keep my Warriors as they are for now. They need better equipment to be useful anyway.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273

Thanks for the response, @OneLessTitan. That is what my instincts are telling me. Even without spending gold to reduce the time factor, I think XP will be much easier to come by in general. I spent my tokens from rejected survivors, but am now working on upgrading my new legendaries. Still curious to see a side by side comparison sometime. Seems like cashing in a low level legendary might have its advantages in certain situations if you've got a really good epic that is all maxed out and ready to be promoted.

My thinking, as of now, is that I'll probably only reject Legendary Scouts or Bruisers. I know having 3 of each increases the chances of getting Bonus Star Quests, but that still doesn't persuade me to have 3 Scouts or Bruisers on my roster. I don't think I could bring myself to reject/retire a Legendary Hunter/Shooter/Assault/Warrior, unless I already have butt-load of them or find their Traits to be extremely undesirable. But, my thinking could change over time.
    Does Power Strike work with the extra charge attack? That would be awesome in certain combat situations.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    Anyone else hoping for a radio event or a double token event this weekend? Perhaps both? :)
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    OneLessTitanLadyAquila
    Good to hear @OldGoth
    Everyone is Welcome!

DLich
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    That is the best news I've heard all day :)
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Sorry for off topic here , but I read on a thread where staff confirmed the change to warrior where they hit every mob in the attack cone now on retaliate , it's working but I'm just trying to find where I read that if anyone can help. Cheers
    LadyAquila
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016
    @Japes87 I did not see the thread you were talking about, but I did notice that even retaliate kills level 18 Walkers now. I haven't tested again but anecdotally I Think that Warriors are fixed
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Japes87LadyAquila
  • blackiguanablackiguana Member Posts: 258
    @Teeceezy Shouldn't training prices go down since we do not get traits with it anymore ?? !!
    theRealBenderDLichGreyWolf_IA
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @blackiguana...

Now that was funny...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

PR0DJ
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988

Pig said:

There wasn't any playtesting of outposts for this update, was there? Bullet dodge is hilarious. I've tried two raids since the update and couldn't kill the enemies on either one. They dodged every shot. One guy dodged all three of my raiders focusing only on him for about 4 turns.

I'm thinking it must be a bug because I doubt percentages for bullet dodge like 100 (or 95 or whatever can explain a single defender dodging 15 or so shots in a row) were intended :smiley:

Oh but according to everyone they use perfect RNG and chance algorithms so it's just bad luck, sorry!
    Hey, that can still be true. There could be nothing wrong with the RNG & chance algorithms.

But they may have the stacking wrong. Where it could be adding luck wrong, or multiple times. But the RNG would still be correct

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @blynknz Absolutely. I'm not making any conclusions on anything specific here. It's a joke based on observations of a way of thinking.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @theRealBender , Yeah I know it was.
    Im one of the people that will constantly mention that anything is possible with randomness :)
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    edited June 2016
    blynknz said:

Pig said:

There wasn't any playtesting of outposts for this update, was there? Bullet dodge is hilarious. I've tried two raids since the update and couldn't kill the enemies on either one. They dodged every shot. One guy dodged all three of my raiders focusing only on him for about 4 turns.

I'm thinking it must be a bug because I doubt percentages for bullet dodge like 100 (or 95 or whatever can explain a single defender dodging 15 or so shots in a row) were intended :smiley:

Oh but according to everyone they use perfect RNG and chance algorithms so it's just bad luck, sorry!
    Hey, that can still be true. There could be nothing wrong with the RNG & chance algorithms.

But they may have the stacking wrong. Where it could be adding luck wrong, or multiple times. But the RNG would still be correct

Hmm, just read bullet dodge again and it gives a chane at body shots, so must be normal dodge thats overpowered.
    Cause bullet dodge should work the same as hiding behind walls
    limeyjohn
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @shabba I think what was written is wrong. Original Dodge was always for melee attacks and has always only worked for melee. Also, the in-game description for Bullet Dodge does not say body shot. In-game observations also indicate complete misses, not body shots.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    edited June 2016
    I was in a XP mission right now and all class specific weapon traits were gone. No extended range on my shooter and no wide caliber on my hunter. Are you messing with the configs NG?
    This have already been reported in the bugs section. Sorry, my bad.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
This discussion has been closed.