Large Caliber trait: Just a Visual bug or ...?

theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
edited June 2016 in Bug Reports
I THINK it's just a visual bug and still performs like it should but it's hard for me to tell so far. I wanted to post this in case someone else has already confirmed.

It looks like a rifle without a Large Caliber trait (and I have compared it to another rifle without it and it looks identical),

but it is a rifle with gold Large Caliber.
Back from 2016 :p

Comments

• King_SmegmaKing_Smegma Member Posts: 19
    Just had the same problem, with both wide bore and gold arc on warrior weapons. It's not just visual...
    [Deleted User]
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682
    edited June 2016
    Just had it happen to me. Got my 3 level 18 hunters slaughtered by level 21/22 walkers. @Teeceezy Just a glitch or a permanent change?
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    I noticed that my sword 135 arc bonus and my hunters's high caliber bonuses are not working. Also got notification about deadly challenge achievement removal and getting gold for it, but never got the gold itself.

The glitch with area of effect bonuses just cost me a challenge star. Couple guildies at least noticed the same issues.
    edited June 2016
    Found a solution on FB @theRealBender . I tried it and it works:

Adam McBride All my perks on weapons are gone my wide arc my bullet caliber what's going on?????
    Like · Reply · 6 mins
    Adam McBride
    Adam McBride Fixed it had to un equip then re equip all weapons and armour if anyone else has this issue.

• AdamantiumAdamantium Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2016
    And I've just lost gold caliber on all of my hunters while playing challenge mission!

I had to flee and lost fuel.

Happened to other guild mates.
    [Deleted User]fatflashCherokeeAce
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    It's not working as intended, so it's a bug. Seems to have been introduced when the survivors scores were reduced back to base totals (they do not include additional power figures anymore)
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    Confirmed from my side, not a visual bug. The following weapon traits currently have no effect:
    • Large Caliber (Hunter)
    • High Powered (Shooter)
    • Wide Arc (Warrior)
    • Wide Spread (Assault)
    This is all I tested so far. I expect that more traits are not working.
    I and couple of guildies noticed that area of effect bonuses, such as golden arc bonus for sword are not working. My warrior and hunters both were missing larger hit areas, and instead attacked as they never had the bonuses.
    I checked my weapons, all those arc and caliber bonuses are still there, they just don't work.
    [Deleted User]fatflashIllbrainer
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Same here, range on shooter, wide shot on hunter, increased arc on warrior. & asaault all not working today
    [Deleted User]gabriel_lwh
  • Leon_UKLeon_UK Member Posts: 41
    Interrupt is failing too. Glad I just bought 24hr gas and now can't advance into high level challenge zones and have my best guys in hospital...
    [Deleted User]
  • GoubsezGoubsez Member Posts: 5
    +1. All area of effect doesn't work and i suspect that others weapons bonus too
    [Deleted User]
  • DisaliveDisalive Member Posts: 58
    Just faced the same problem with all weapons, and reequipping has actually helped.
    Thanks, @brentp17
  • AdamantiumAdamantium Member Posts: 77
    Just tried again and lost another 7 fuel. Great
    fatflashCampmickey
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2016
    Just had this problem too. A couple of hours ago it was working fine, did a triple warrior mission and it was working, but now the arc is gone. The only different thing is that when I entered the game I got a message saying that deadly mission achievement was removed and have been awarded 401 gold.
    [Deleted User]
  • Yote73Yote73 Member Posts: 7
    One worrior has 90 degree arc and another has 135 degree arc but in combat arc is the same for all of my warriors. Anyone else seeing the same?
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    Leon_UK said:

Interrupt is failing too. Glad I just bought 24hr gas and now can't advance into high level challenge zones and have my best guys in hospital...

I can also confirm this.
    edited June 2016
    Found a solution on FB. I tried it and it works:

Adam McBride All my perks on weapons are gone my wide arc my bullet caliber what's going on?????
    Like · Reply · 6 mins
    Adam McBride
    Adam McBride Fixed it had to un equip then re equip all weapons and armour if anyone else has this issue.

• Mikeb80808Mikeb80808 Member Posts: 16
    Weapon traits are definitely not working. Pretty sure that survivor traits are not working either.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Agree. Wide spread is gone, haven't checked my warriors and hunters yet.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    blynknzfatflashCampmickey
  • DuckDuck Member Posts: 119
    Me to, I got rewarded (thank you Ng) but now the weapons not working.. Always something.. :) Cost me some stars... :)
    edited June 2016
    Found a solution on FB. I tried it and it works:

Like · Reply · 6 mins
    Adam McBride

CampmickeyEl_Pollo_Loco
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Wow, I came here to say wtf. Mines gone. And it f**ked me over and sent everyone to hospital.

Couldn't get a screenshot
    Campmickey
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    Glad someone already reported this problem.
    My survivors have same problem too and also damage ratings were reduced as well.
    I wonder this problem is related to screen message just popped up in my screen.
    Do you also have this message popped up in your screen too?

[Deleted User]
    @Dragonius @Adamantium @hutch @Pig

The solution is to unequip and then reequip weapons and armor. I tried it and it works.

PigTeeceezyCampmickeyEl_Pollo_Loco
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2016
    Same thing here, no wide arc, no interrupt...
    I would think NO gear traits have been taken into account.

My guess: NG tried to fix the 'overdoging bug' serverside and didnt take into account to automatically 're-equip' all gear.

@OldGoth @Teeceezy
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Campmickey
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I'm not sure but armor and other traits might not be working, either. Even my level 14 bruiser was bruised by level 5 and 6 walkers and it seems that damage was also lower (even less sure about that, though - but level 7 walkers in Killing Zone should be a piece of cake for two hunters and one assault...).

Something is definitely very wrong and that cost me 2 stars... :/
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    @Boruto Yes, I have the same pop up message as well. Clicked Ok and received said 401 gold. Previously, I had already completed the 500 deadly missions achievement and also received the 500 gold reward so I don't know why I am still awarded extra gold.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    [Deleted User]
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Agreed. I thought it was no traits, but I got 1 dodge out of the 30 odd hits I took.
    Campmickey