Remove the bruiser

You nerfed the worst class, might aswell just remove it from the game..

Feels like a good time to ask apple for a full refund.
The one and only, RickGrimes
✯ Former Leader of RickRollers Community ✯
thecoltyMekoT_12

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,488
    I second this. As previous mentioned there's nothing worse than making radio call and getting a legendary that's a bruiser...
    Meko
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Just wait a minute... the Dev's claim they read these forums and listen to the community... and even though there are tons of items that the community wanted changed and none made it into 1.5... and not once did I hear anyone mention nerfing the bruiser... that means the next "fix" will make all the other classes useless (thus making the Bruiser more useful)... for example all range classes can only shoot 3x then you are out of ammo... the warrior can only attack 1 walker max, the scout health will be reduced so that 1 hit from equal walker will result in a struggle...and 1 of your 3 survivors must be a Bruiser... there, Bruiser is fixed... I should apply to be on the DEV team...

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    I'd be totally lmao if GvG came thru and all the "top players" got schooled by groups of low level bruisers getting their stuns off and you seeing your characters unable to do anything but cry as your hitpoints were whittled away... Think about it for a minute the same exploit would have been used against you as it is a turn based game...so either attack or defense would have an advantage unless the change was made. Or by the same token now that so many people realize what was going on they wouldn't need legendary bruisers to do the same "strategy" on events, and it would be based on who had the deeper pockets; Lol if you want to keep paying too much in order to win that way.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @Necroboogie In a GVG game, I would think you would be matched with an equal level player... also, if someone could beat me with a low level bruiser, that means the game would be broken and it would be "the 1st person to attack with Bruiser wins".

I also don't know why people keep insulting those that spend money on the game. What do you think would happen if everyone suddenly stopped spending money on the game? (Which seems to be the goal of 1.5) I find it hard to believe that the ads can pay for all employees, servers, electricity, etc....

Felecia
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Not necessarily who attacked first with dodge and interrupt. Obviously bruisers were broken the way they were in a PvP scenario and in PvE. May take a little longer to sink in for some, but EVERBODY started to realize it; yet it's only a few on the forums that are crying about it getting adjusted.
    Thank you to the few rational players actually making sane suggestions about improving the hurting melee classes.

I'd suggest making the "arc" of bruisers a straight 3 spaces that would only stun center attack if able - increasing damage and maintaining a balance in the melee class; and keeping overwatch as a single target hit like the other melee classes.
    thecolty
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Lol I have a legendary bruiser. Had him since my 2nd week playing. Upgraded him...took him out and played with him a few times. Thought my one was broken so I threw him into the bucket of stupid toys and forgot about him...he's staying there :)
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • BusBus Member Posts: 48
    Tactically, and depending on the mission being RECON, I use my bruisers as defense or to open gates while they are being overwatched. They can take alot of hits from normal zombies, except like we have experienced will become incapacitated from one of those contaminated fat zombies. Hope this helps
  • RavenDKRavenDK Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2016
    @Helio you pretty much summed up why bruiser needed nerfing:
    "If someone could beat me with a low level bruiser, that means the game would be broken and it would be "the 1st person to attack with Bruiser wins"."

Try put it in a PvE scenario - you being the low lvl bruiser, AI the high lvl player.
    I think the AI would feel EXACTLY the same way you would feel in PvP, if someone exploited the game via a broken treat.

And it's not about insulting those who spend money on the game, it's about the fact that those who spend money building an entire roster around a single trait that eventually would be classified as broken and become subject of change, should have thought about what they were doing.
    A trait making it possible to go up against walkers 10-20+ your survivors lvl would never be the purpose of the game.

NG corrected a broken feature to balance everything out - simple as that.

Flint007
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Lol I spend a little on the game but I waste it on new outfits for my survivors ;)
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Helio said:

Just wait a minute... the Dev's claim they read these forums and listen to the community... and even though there are tons of items that the community wanted changed and none made it into 1.5... and not once did I hear anyone mention nerfing the bruiser... that means the next "fix" will make all the other classes useless (thus making the Bruiser more useful)... for example all range classes can only shoot 3x then you are out of ammo... the warrior can only attack 1 walker max, the scout health will be reduced so that 1 hit from equal walker will result in a struggle...and 1 of your 3 survivors must be a Bruiser... there, Bruiser is fixed... I should apply to be on the DEV team...

@Helio , this must be the best and funniest post on the nerfed bruisers, LMAO!

If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.